cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concorde Could Fly Again

Community Veteran

Concorde Could Fly Again

There is a possibility that Concorde can take to the sky again.
Concord to Fly Again
It was always an ambition of mine to fly on Concord but I never made it.  The nearest I got was to visit the one that is on show at the Aviation museum at Duxford (Imperial War Museum). 
Duxford Concorde
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Concorde Could Fly Again

Quote from: artmo
It was always an ambition of mine to fly on Concord but I never made it. 

Me too. I dropped the heaviest imaginable hints to my other half about special presents for special birthdays as the last few flights were  filling up but I think I just got some new socks.  Sad Angry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

One of my better experiences when working in Terminal 4 Heathrow, was to be able to go around inside and out of Concorde while it was on the ground pre-boarding. It was rather cramped.
And yes, I would have loved to have flown in it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I remember seeing it at Heathrow  as I was boarding a flight and envied the passengers who were getting on board.
It flew unscheduled into Tampa one time as I was driving the Howard Franklin Bridge and it was a majestic sight to see it coming in over the Gulf in front of us.
Community Veteran

Hope they sweep the runway before take-off if a French Airport is used!!
Community Veteran

If they find the engines are working or even need work doing on them they could transport them somewhere else I guess.  They're Rolls Royce engines so maybe they would be worked on here.
Community Veteran

From the BBC page:
"It is hoped the jet will be able to fly as part of the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics. "
They are going to have to get things done very quickly if it is back in the air for that to happen!
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran

That would be some site to see Concorde flying down the Thames or down the Mall to the Palace on its way to the stadium Smiley