cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concert ticket prices

Fixes: 125

Concert ticket prices

I was searching through an old photo album and came across a page which contained several concert tickets from the 80's and 90's.
So, following on from previous discussions on current prices I thought I'd post the details for anyone interested:
Spandau Ballet - Wembley Arena -  £8.50
Queen (with guests) Knebworth - £14.50
Madonna (and Guest) - Wembley Stadium - £16.00
David Bowie - Wembley Stadium - £16.00
Tina Turner - Wembley Arena - £14.50
Kim Wild - Dominion Theatre  - 4
Barry Manilow - Wembley Arena £24.50
Barry Manilow - Wembley Arena £25.00
Can't remember the Support for Madonna but Queen were supported by Belouis Some, Big Country and Status Quo. Queen and Quo in one gig was certainly worth the £14.50 price tag Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Concert ticket prices

My earliest ticket is July 1962, Marquee Club under the Academy Cinema in Oxford street, four shillings (20p).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@mav, er! Barry Manilow?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

And why not? Cool
I've seen him many times from 1980 to late noughties. Always put on a good show.
Even seen Cliff Richard several times over the years Wink
I know, doesn't really bode well with Meatloaf who I've also seen but my music tastes are varied Cheesy

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran

Only teasing mav Wink

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

I've seen Status Quo 'live' Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation

I've seen Quo several times - mostly because my mum wanted to go. Last time she saw them she was in her mid 70s! Think they were, too Grin
Quote from: Petlew
Only teasing mav Wink

I know Cool

Community Veteran

Seen Neil Diamond in concert at Wembley which was pretty good. Mrs P (a fan) enjoyed it more than I did.
One of the best I've been to was at the Hammersmith Apollo to see The Everly Brothers.
Seen the Shadows and separately Hank Marvin (great until he tries to sing)
Travelled from London to Bristol to see the late great Chet Atkins (my idol, Mrs P not keen) on his last ever concert in the UK.
But have also attended many classical concerts including one Proms Last Night in the arena.