Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compulsory vaccination.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Compulsory vaccination.

@7up 

No argument there, but to compel the majority is just asking for trouble. Make it conditional for certain front line jobs like nurses and teachers but to make others have the jab who on the whole never engage with other people that much such as those like myself who are retired, then that is going to present a real problem.

We should be left with choice. No injection, no job of the sort mentioned. No injection, then no travel overseas (especially) No injection then.... well you can add to the list. Whatever the powers that be decide, they'll get it wrong.

Compulsory mass injection for everybody. Wrong.

Freedom to choose for everybody. Wrong. 

Chatting to a neighbour earlier suitable social distanced over the fence, and they tell me they have had Covid, think they now have Long Covid, does not want to have the injection as a) they don't trust it and b) they are now immune anyway. 

No prizes for guessing which Supermarket they work at, and no surprises for guessing that I have no idea if they are right or wrong.

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I don't think anyone knows whether they are right or wrong.  Only time will tell whether infection confers immunity.  It may confer lifelong immunity to the specific variant they had but as we now know COVID-19 has several new, and more highly infectious, variants.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

My neighbour had the AZ vaccine last week, and days later his dishwasher started leaking.

Coincidence? I think not!

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Did he get a nasty boil on his bum as well?

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Minivanman wrote:

his dishwasher started leaking.

Coincidence? I think not!

Well that puts paid to the clotting theory! 😀

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I am worked up about later today (well you can read that as very).

Still going to cost me 3 quid on the buses to get a modified version of the virus put inside my body. You don't exactly need a degree in rocket science to know a vaccine is not a medicine. Stressing out as I know I am paying 3 quid to get a modified virus. 

Just hope my body's immune system doesn't complain.

How I wish I were travelling to go to a party - just get it done I suppose.

Mav
Fixes: 431

I asked whether it was a live or dead virus in the vaccine when I went yesterday and was assured it was definitely not live.

As for making it compulsory I think not. There may be many reasons for people not to want to have it including fear (whether rational or irrational). Perhaps in time, as with some other vaccinations, it may be deemed safe enough to be offered to infants with the others on offer. After all tetanus, diphtheria and polio injections were the norm when I was a child. No idea if they're still given as a matter of course.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

I think parents or responsible adult have to give their permission prior to a child getting a vaccination, some refused and a number of children went on to develop measles.

False information spread by a doctor was the main reason the vaccine was refused.

Even applies to the corvid vaccine as one Doctor was telling people you cannot catch it in a church.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

People are gullible, and it was astounding to watch some evangelical preachers in America (where else) giving out Covid cures and preventions to those attending and over the airwaves to watching viewers.