Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Complaints

How many times do we read on these boards or other websites customers complaining about they were promised or not told about or the attitude of the person they spoke too ?

In some cases it is quite possible the customer was in the wrong and either misunderstood what was said or was verbally agressive with the customer service adviser ?

Is it not in the customers interests to record all phone calls ? after all many firms have a opening statement, " Your call may be monitored for training purposes"

The cost of devices that record calls are not that expensive compared to what it might cost if you had a issue with some companies ie: Insurance or finance companies.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Re: Complaints

Yeah... can be a "bit of a problem" when this kind of thing is posted.... 

Being "hard of hearing"... (i.e. deaf, without my hearing aids in... ) It is difficult for me to understand people in "normal" conversational situations.. so my wife "translates" when needed... however.. Using a phone, is almost impossible. If I have to contact any businesses.. like PlusNet.. or the Power company,  I opt to use the "live chat" if available,  and at the end of the chat you can usually get an option to "save" it or "print" it.... if not,... it is always possible to save it from your own screen locally.

If "live chat" is not available, I usually revert to email.... if no email, then back to snail mail.... usually the latter is the most effective in soliciting results.... (either way ! ).

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Ebay call centres are infamous for telling the customer what they want to hear. Probably to get them quickly off the line to keep up quotas. The truth takes a back seat. It looks like plusnet may be very similar in that respect.

I expect many companies struggling to keep on top of complaints will do that if they can get away with it.

On this forum a few posts have been quite eye openers where they have posted screen shots of plusnet billing demands. As it seems the first thing done is usually hush things up by going direct to person to person communication. Which in the end means other people in similar situation are left to read between the lines and guess what's really going on.

I imagine all calls are recorded but it wouldn't be in the companies interest to keep saying to the customers yes you're right about what was said.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@billnotben wrote:

On this forum a few posts have been quite eye openers where they have posted screen shots of plusnet billing demands. As it seems the first thing done is usually hush things up by going direct to person to person communication. Which in the end means other people in similar situation are left to read between the lines and guess what's really going on.

@billnotben

That's the reason why, after initiating a missing referral complaint publicly on the forum, I've been copy/pasting the ticket replies (minus personal details etc.) to continue to keep the issue in full view.

However, I understand that it's sometimes necessary for PN agents to transfer the flow from public forum to a private ticket when account specific info is involved in the discussion.  Smiley

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

One reason i left ps .... never been so happy Smiley

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@gleneagles wrote:

Is it not in the customers interests to record all phone calls ? after all many firms have a opening statement, " Your call may be monitored for training purposes"

On my mobile I have an app called Automate. I've created a program using it that records all calls - in or outbound. Works well, always a good thing to have a backup of who said what.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!