cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint...

Fixes: 125

Complaint...

To Barclaycard sent at 21:10 this evening over a charge that appeared on my online statement that I was assured yesterday would not.
At 23:16 I received a reply stating that the charge has been withdrawn and the credit will appear on my next statement.
Now that is fast - especially for Barclaycard!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Complaint...

Oh you mean the company who's CEO said he'd never use a credit card because they're too expensive...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Good service Mav.  I wonder where their centre is based for them to be around at 23.16 Undecided

I know their telephone-based service must be abroad as there is the usual misunderstandings due to accents, etc.
Also, they only have 0844 numbers listed (although you can find an alternative 0800 number on Saynoto0870).
Although there is some obvious cut and pasting from general script-driven answers in their response there was also a personal feel to it and the use of English excellent.
I actually sent a complaint to Barclays at the same time regarding their lack of getting a replacement PINSentry card reader to me despite two calls to their call centre and a subsequent visit to one of their branches. Barclays are usually much slower to reply and they tend to use stock replies that frequently offer no help at all Sad

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Well, well, surprise of surprises.
Just took a call from Barclays Bank in respect of my complaint about PINSentry.
It appears, no idea why as it wasn't fully explained, that because I have opted out of marketing calls, emails and such, they have to take a marker off their system so that the PINSentry order goes through and none of the previous agents did this.
The gentleman caller said he has now done that, put the marker back on and the PINSentry order has gone through. He has also credited my account with £10 for the inconvenience.
Now that's two results in two days. I'm jumping up and down right now Cheesy Grin