Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Competitions

Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Competitions

Just seen when I signed in that a competition has been extended for 2 weeks.

What competition is that then? I don't recall seeing anything, anywhere, about one.Undecided

14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: Competitions

This will be the prize draw users were entered into when they re-joined the new Forum I guess.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It was mentioned in the email 'A brand new community is on its way' (if you received that (late march)):

As soon as you've successfully logged in to the new site you'll be automatically entered into a competition to win a huge 42" TV, so make sure to log in! You'll have until 18th April to be in with a chance of winning.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

I expect the extension is probably because the new forum has a lot less users than the old. Maybe they'll start offering "free broadband" to join the forum.

It certainly has far fewer replies from plusnet staff. Which will obviously make many prospective new users think what's the point.

Community Veteran

The extension was due to the problems with the password reset emails not being received by some users (until the cause was identified and fixed).

billnotben wrote:

Maybe they'll start offering "free broadband" to join the forum.

Don't they still offer free broadband to new customers anyway?  Lips are sealed

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

fewer staff? I thought I was imagining it so glad to hear that others have noticed it too
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Currently showing 7 (counting 'Staff' and 'Admin') online: https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/usersonlinepage

I'm sure there were plenty of times  on the 'old forum' where there were 1, 2 or even no staff showing online.

Now I'm wondering what, technically, is the difference between 'Staff' and 'Admin'.

Call me 'w23'
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Also what would be useful is to have an @admin and @staff as they would be useful to attract someone's attention, but may have the side effect of generating a lot of noise.

Community Veteran

Mook wrote:

Also what would be useful is to have an @admin and @staff 

I like that idea, maybe a member of @staff or @admin could comment?

Call me 'w23'
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

w23 wrote:

Now I'm wondering what, technically, is the difference between 'Staff' and 'Admin'.

To adapt a well known quotation, "all staff are equal, but some are more equal than others". I think admin adds the ability to change forum functionality.

David
Community Veteran

w23 wrote:

Staff are the "police" and Admins are "The Government"...

Community Veteran

twocvbloke wrote:

Admins are "The Government"...

I didn't think they were that bad, seemed decent and honest to me (unlike the Government - or virtually any politicians for that matter).

Call me 'w23'
Community Veteran

w23 wrote:

Currently showing 7 (counting 'Staff' and 'Admin') online

They may be online but it's replies and answers to questions that seem to be lacking.

It may show I'm online for the next hour or so but actually I'll be having a cup of tea and watching the telly.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

mayfly was it this Smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

billnotben wrote:
They may be online but it's replies and answers to questions that seem to be lacking.

They are too busy resetting everyone's passwords and the like, but I've seen replies here and thereWink

w23 wrote:
Mook wrote:

Also what would be useful is to have an @admin and @staff 

I like that idea, maybe a member of @staff or @admin could comment?

@w23 similar has already been suggested - you haven't been reading the manual - I've left out the superfluous word.

w23 wrote:

Staff are just that, Plusnet staff that do things somewhere in Plusnet,  Admins are responsible for the forum and can do anything to or on the forum (more or less). Then you have the Plusnet Help Team who are the guys that usually respond round here. You (crafty) may get a response from @staff or @admin but you will find that @PHT@Chris Wink doesn't work properly despite my request Tongue