cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Competition: who can keep a ticket going the longest without PN responding

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Competition: who can keep a ticket going the longest without PN responding

It is suspected that adding information to a ticket pushes it back to the end of the queue. To prove this I'd like to suggest a little competition, see how long you can keep a ticket going without Plusnet responding by keep adding updates at regular intervals.
I'd like to think nobody would succeed but I've a horrible feeing they might.  Shocked
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: Competition: who can keep a ticket going the longest without PN responding

I like it - and on so many levels !.  Cool
I would advise that anyone playing this 'competition' should only post their worst recorded results,
as posting something like "well my ticket hasn't been answered in 56 days" will only provoke a staff member on the forum to intervene and spoil the result !

I think there should also be other ticket related 'competitions'.
For example -
The ticket that has been open the longest - whether it has had responses or not.
The ticket that has been going the longest without any action taken - such as recurring 'ticket returned to service pool'.

Perhaps each 'competition' should be run in separate threads ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: purleigh

I would advise that anyone playing this 'competition' should only post their worst recorded results,
as posting something like "well my ticket hasn't been answered in 56 days" will only provoke a staff member on the forum to intervene and spoil the result !

I see a problem with that..... how do we check/account/prove that a ticket is still  "unanswered"... who is going to be the adjudicator(s)....  and how can they get the information relating to a particular ticket oustanding?
Community Veteran

I would imagine that when customers start posting the anticipated horrendous ticket response times, that members of staff will be jumping in to find out what went wrong - as they did when I recently pointed out my (still) unresolved ticket that hasn't had a helpful ticket response since 26th February.
If the claimed ticket resolution time has been exaggerated,  I'm sure that staff will point out any discrepancy,  and therefore the possibility of being shown to be a cheat will hopefully be sufficient deterrent against any false claims.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Do you have to have no responses at all - or just no sensible responses?

Community Veteran

Since 26th February, about once a week I receive both the following two alternating responses -
Script User - Automated Script Pool
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ xxxxxxxx ] has now been returned to the Ticket Team - Services pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

Followed a few days later by -
It seems Problem ID : xxxxx is still being looked into, no estimated time has been give as of yet when this will be fixed. I will keep an eye on the matter and let you know when it has been fixed.
Please feel free to get back in touch Online if we can be of any more help.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on [the date one week later]. This Question will remain open with the Ticket Team - Services until this time.

There has been no indication as to whether there is any intention to solve the (Webspace CGI) problem.
Having pointed out this lack of action in another thread I did get this response - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113825.msg979159.html#msg979159 - whatever that means !
Fortunately for me there is (now) little urgency, and I am relatively happy to wait, but it does seem an odd way to run a ticketing system !.
Community Veteran

Another example of where Plusnet fail to be open and honest. If they'd said weeks ago that it was a low priority issue affecting few users and was unlikely to be resolved in the near future and least you'd know where you stood and if it was important to you, you could have considered alternatives. Instead they keep you hanging on in the hope it will fixed soon.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

I was reminded of this thread when someone mentioned significantly delayed responses when they added additional information to a ticket waiting for support team response. I'm not sure whether they eventually got one.
Rereading this thread it seems no one entered the competition proposed by the OP. Does that mean the OP's concerns were unfounded? Huh
David
Community Veteran

Going by the following post I think the concern was justified:
Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi Kevin,
I'll give our faults team a nudge with this one, I can see you've added a couple of comments to the fault ticket which is why there's been no response yet.
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, disappointing that this still happens. However that occurrence seems related to a relatively short delay, IIRC the one I mentioned was much longer than that (not managed to locate it again).
David
Community Veteran

I wonder if there are any procedures/checks in place to prevent tickets going an excessive time without any response? Perhaps someone from PN could comment.
James
Grafter

If you want to raise a ticket, I can assign it into my pool and put it on hold for 999 days Cheesy
But seriously though, we do have reporting in place for oldest tickets and ones that become "stuck". We do also have RAG (Red - Amber - Green) reporting in place depending on how old ticket pools are.
Superuser
Superuser

But wouldn't adding more information to the ticket on 999 day hold take it off hold? Grin
To me none of the monitoring processes mentioned appear to address the problem that a user adding more information puts that ticket to the back of its pool. From a staff comment elsewhere in the forum it would seem ticket age is not affected if staff add more information. Extending that to "age not affected if staff or the user add more information" (whilst the ticket is awaiting Plusnet response) would fix this problem.
David
James
Grafter

I'm not convinced that staff adding comments doesn't cause the same issue.
The only tickets that this really seems to affect are faults (I'm not using this as an excuse).  Because almost all other tickets are responded to in a much shorter time-frame it isn't an issue.