cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for unconnected broadband.

Compensation for unconnected broadband.

Hi folks, this is a first time post,

Could you help with any information on this subject.

I lost connection to broadband, phone line and burglar alarm on Dec.1st, the reconnection see made on Dec.7th after numerous phone calls, this is Seven days without service.

Plusnet have now billed me for a full months service, I have not been able to query this as phone lines are closed for Christmas.

Has anyone received compensation for bad service? 

Plusnet signed up to OFCOM in April 2019 to award payment of £8 per day after the first two days of the customer having lost 

service, this would amount to £40 in my case, although this is not a large sum it would be better in my pocket than theirs.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

7 REPLIES 7
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Compensation for unconnected broadband.

@Teapot wrote:

Plusnet signed up to OFCOM in April 2019 to award payment of £8 per day after the first two days of the customer having lost 

Welcome to the Forum

What makes you think that PlusNet signed up BT did but PlusNet and EE  even though owned by BT did not  

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/Automatic-compensation/td-p/1627163#:~:text=Re%3A%20Autom...

HD

Thanks for the welcome, y know, sometimes it just seems like y just can't win.

Pro
Fixes: 2

Thanks

It's like PlusNet mobile people think because " Plusnet Mobile is proud to use the EE network " they will receive the same benefits etc. as EE  but when they join they find they don't .

You get what you pay for

HD

Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 169

@Teapot wrote:

Thanks for the welcome, y know, sometimes it just seems like y just can't win.

I guess that you 'win' every month when you pay less than if you had signed up to a premium priced ISP. You lose when something goes wrong and find that compensation and customer services aren't up to the same standard.

Hero
Fixes: 9

In early 2018 my phone line went down and PN refunded me what I'd paid them for the days I was without service, although I had to 'remind' them.  I'm sure I've read on this forum that other customers have received an additional goodwill payment, and the really lucky ones have even received a chocolate bar.

Thank you all for your replies and wisdom.

And thanks to baldrick1 for the positive slant on the fact I'm still on a winner even though I feel I'm forty quid short!

Hello again, just a quick word to finish the thread.

Phoned Plusnet up today on the 0800 no. was answered on the fourth ring, unbelievable after past experiences.

No compensation as predicted, but the money owed to me was rounded up to the nearest ten pounds, so all good.

Trying not to be bitter n twisted about it.