Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible Ink Cartridges

Highlighted
Fixes: 1,026

Re: Compatible Ink Cartridges

@DaveyH wrote:

For business maybe but for home use really?  What are you all doing to generate enough waste paper to justify a printer

The children have to print homework, I have to print various documents for work.

Some contracts still need to be signed on paper.

I have a HP and signed up to their instant ink, which suits us as new cartridges arrive before we need them.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 4

@DaveyH wrote:

home use really?  What are you all doing to generate enough waste paper to justify a printer

Once you start dealing with the likes of the Home Office / Courts / Solicitors, I can guarantee you'll have a printer. I've lost count of how many reams of paper I've gone through dealing with them. Everything submitted to be copied, printed, sometimes multiple copies. Passport? Every page scanned and printed. And it doesn't matter if you supplied it all in the last 3 / 6months. Same again. Godknows where they store the stuff. Even though they have gone online, you still have to print off the resulting pdf files and either post it or take it with you.

Not the only use though. Travelling, I always take a paper copy of essential info. I'm not reliant on any electronic device then. Had one electronic device fail once and that was once too many. Smiley

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Fixes: 398

@DaveyH wrote:

What are you all doing to generate enough waste paper to justify a printer

To whom do any of us have to justify the use of a printer?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Pointless printers and wasted paper? 

Just baiting guys, set by the bored and mean-spirited for the earnest and well meaning. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveyH wrote:

What are you all doing to generate enough waste paper to justify a printer

Surely that should read:

What are you all doing to generate enough waste paper to justify a shredder!

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@DaveyH wrote:

For business maybe but for home use really?  What are you all doing to generate enough waste paper to justify a printer

I took my last one to the tip about 5 years ago after the cartridges dried up from lack of use and never bothered to replace it, and I can count on one hand how many times I've needed to print something since.

Bit of a daft statement ?

True you cannot justify owing one but many people can including me !

Photographs, tickets for shows...often sent by email containing a bar code, A4 maps printed off memory map. letters and documents etc, hardly a day goes by that I do not use a printer.

I suspect your post is more of a windup......unless you live a unusual life ?

Assuming you have a life.

Angry

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

.... also handy for printing those bording passes, bus time tables, Councils handy bin collection calender, prepaid Post Office labels. I've even been known to knock out the odd letter now and then - have you seen my handwriting?  Roll_eyes

The list is endless, really, as is making paper arguments to see how far they can fly. 

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 4

My Epson printer uses cartridges that cost me £8 for 12. I don't use it much, but it has a scanner built in. Due to not using it too much, the inks can dry out, so I also bought a Samsung cheap colour laser printer. Compatible toner for 4 cartridges was £60 as opposed to about £45ea, and they don't dry out.

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

@dvorak wrote:

I have a HP and signed up to their instant ink, which suits us as new cartridges arrive before we need them.

Another HP Instant ink user here, great idea - I'm on the 50 page / £1.99 a month plan.

I also like the free post recycle envelope you get to return the old cartridges back in.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Dell Network Laser printer that uses cartridges of what can only be described as coloured dust a.k.a toner.

I don’t print often but I do know that when I turn it on, it will work as there is no ink to dry up and clog the print heads.

Highlighted
Fixes: 436

My next printer will be a laser variety.

Just have to wait for my Epson to die.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Strat wrote:

Just have to wait for my Epson to die.

You could always reduce the waiting time by introducing it to that trusty hammer of yours.  Roll_eyes