cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare the Lottery dot con

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Compare the Lottery dot con

National Lottery,  aka CONALOT CAMELOT Have changed a lot of the (so called) prizes.... They have stopped the "Raffle"  and have changed the number of balls required to gain the lowest of lower prizes.

Missus used to do two tickets per week.... cost £208 per annum.    Have just convinced her, due to no winnings for about a year or more, ( save a couple of "free tickets"... )  and to go for the Health Lottery instead...

Here is a comparison for both lotteries.

national lottery prize list.pnghealth lottery prize list.png

As you can see, the lowest level of prizes has been dropped to NAFF ALL.. in the national lottery...

and if you had 5 matching balls,....................................... you would get........... £1,750.00   for £2.00 

whereas, if you played on the Healt Lottery, for 5 balls , you win...(Minimum)... £25,000.00   for £1.00

And, I think the odds on getting those 5 balls on the Health Lottery, are much better than the National Lottery..

5 REPLIES
Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

Re: Compare the Lottery dot con

The number of balls required to win prizes hasn't changed, and the odds of having 5 numbers in an entry are 1:144,415, i.e. over 14 times as easy as getting them on the Health Lottery.  When deciding which one to play you also need to consider that the cost per line played is £2 in the Lotto and £1 in the Health Lottery, while each entry in the Lotto contains six combinations of five numbers.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 37

Not to sure what odds you are referring to @Jonpe, but to win the ‘Jackpot’ on the Health Lottery you need to pick 5 balls in the range 1-50 and for the National its 6 balls in the range of 1-59 so the odds are vastly different.

Jonpe
Champion

@Mook, I was responding to the OP who was comparing the prizes for 5 numbers in the two lotteries.  Each line of 6 numbers entered on the Lotto contains 6 different combinations of 5 numbers.  The odds are available on line, or you can calculate them yourself if you have the inclination.

I stopped playing the Lotto when the price doubled.  I play Thunderball (£1 per entry) which is 5 from 39 plus 1 from 14 with a 1 in 8,060,598 chance of winning £500,000 (which at my age should see me through to the end of my days).

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

3 balls = £30?

And there was me thinking it was a tenner or less.. seems alright to me.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Jonpe
Champion

Yes, it went up from £10 to £25 when they increased the number of balls from 49 to 59, and £30 from last month.  I'd like to see a lottery where the prizes match the odds; for example it's over 22 times as difficult to get four numbers as it is to get three, yet the prize for four is only 4.66 times the prize for three.