cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Veteran ! Ha !

Community Veteran

Re: Community Veteran ! Ha !

Hello new Liam Cool

On this new forum version what does add a tag do and what's it used for ?

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 162

That'll be added to the FAQ shortly. However they are able to be tagged to allow ease of searching for similar issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Community Veteran

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 184

John_Essex wrote:

Shame that the little (bright spark) graphic I designed all those years ago that showed a positive and negative wires moving together then sparking as they met is no longer used Cry

Still it did last through the last two versions of the forums. Cool smiley

@John_Essex I just noticed the graphic is back Cheesy

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

Brilliant Cheesy

I'm still amaze that that something I did for a bit of fun all those years ago is still going strong Cool

I assume that also means that the problem with animated gif files has been sorted?

I'll upload my Avatar again and see if it works this time. I had to resort to using a link to it from my PlusNet web space to make it work properly.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Oldjim wrote:

@shutter

How about stirrer in chief

GrinGrin I approve of that, in fact I'd recommend it Evil

shutter wrote:

Only stirring I do is in my tea cup !  Grin

Yeah right TongueGrinEvil

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

I think I would rather be called "community old git".... and then graduate to "community grumpy old git"  if I stayed around long enough !  Cheesy

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Good to see so many old gits veterans kicking about this place and @John_Essex Good to see you sir. Smiley

What's this, forum number 3? (4 if you include usenet)

Mark

Community Veteran

This version is forum number 4.

Number one was a very simple thing and there was no moderators as such just PlusNet staff looking after it. and broadband then was 250Kb down at best. It seemed fast though after dial up at less than 56KbSmiley

Then came the second version  based on Bulletin Board software and that's when they started using Moderators. That lasted for about 7 years or so and I served as a moderator during that time.

Number 3 is the one that has just been replaced and at that time I decided that I had done my stint and hung my moderating hat.

Now we are on number 4 (if it can be made to work properly)Wink 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Chris wrote:

We won't be sharing the criteria for progressing through the ranks publicly

Can I ask why? - You're trying to be more transparent than ever by allowing non subscribers to sign up and yet being secretive about things like forum ranks. Where is the logic here?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 247

I guess to stop people trying to manipulate posts / thanks etc. and rank up

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

As dvorak has said, & as I have mentioned in another post recently round these boards somewhere, and as Chris has previously mentioned (also elsewhere), it's to stop people trying to manipulate the rankings.

kitz
Rising Star

Good to see so many old gits veterans kicking about this place and @John_Essex Good to see you sir. Smiley

What's this, forum number 3? (4 if you include usenet)

Posting just so that I can *wave*  at some familiar names.  

I'm afraid I don't seem to have achieved the veteran ranking, but I've sure been around a while and worn John's bright spark gif when it was shiny and new.  

I think my post count may be low,  as I swapped to using 'kitz' rather than my PN username at one point.  But I have well over 4k of posts from my time at the usergroup too.

I can recall the move to SMF1 from was it phpbb?
I'm quite certain that that  most of the comments about it at the time where complimentary.  The most major gripe was "Oooh its pink" as most of us were so used to the familiar orange & purple.  SMF1 did OK,  it must have lasted about 10 years...  they should have really have updated it to SMF2 years ago.

Anways this was just a 'hi' post and I'll leave you old farts veterans to your pipes and slippers.

/me makes a quick exit Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy