cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common Sense

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Common Sense

At long last we have a PM who has some common sense by announcing that much of the legal action being taken against our soldiers is to be stopped, additional training places for Doctors, removing criminals and illegal immigrants from the country and allowing into the country those who can make a positive contribution. There will also be the unravelling of British Laws from EU laws and Judges in this country will have the final say on appeals.

These things seem common sense to me yet previous governments have never wanted to address these issues, in some cases they will take years to enact but these announcements at least start the ball rolling.

27 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Common Sense

Yes and the new doctors are to be british too!!! It's incredible, it's like TM has actually got some sort of clear vision that the other idiots couldn't see,

Next thing you know we'll be building stuff again - defences for one - along with paying our own people to do things properly instead of another country who then c*ck it up. Oh hang on, there is Hinkley..

I suspect that TM herself has had enough of some of the destructive decisions taken by previous leaderships - all of which were powered by greed..

Now we need to get back into the business of building our own fighter jets - we were world leaders in aviation defence once - look at the vulcan.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

The Vulcan was not a fighter jet, it was a bomber. Let's build and design more, but maybe the future is with planes without pilots such as those unmanned combat aerial vehicles (UCAV) being developed by BAE Systems.

As for the announcement that there would be an exemption for human rights law while troops are in conflict, let's be careful what we endorse as those same troops could be turned inwards - it's little more than rightwing rhetoric designed to draw cheers from the activists and will be red meat to the Tory press. 

We were conned by Blair drawing the Labour Party to the right, lets not be conned by May drawing the Conservative Party to the left.    

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Problem is the UK no longer builds any aircraft Sad  only parts of them .

maybe the last one purely UK built, the Nimrod   Scrapped infavour of USA Boeing's P-8 Poseidon

But the best one ever to be scrapped by Gov was the TSR2 in 1964 .

Hence why we have to stuggle to get any planes that work for the Navy,s new carrier

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

A lot of negative stuff here, whilst it may be accurate we need to let the past go, if not we will continue in the same old way.

What do you really want, more of the same or a least the possible opportunity for something different ?

Will it be better or will it be just talk ? Who knows who can say, only time will tell but far better to have tried and failed than to sit back and take a negative approach.

I am quite willing to give her the chance of changing things, who else would you rather have running the show ?

All the recent occupants of the post have been a disaster in my opinion.

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

7up wrote:

Yes and the new doctors are to be british too!!! It's incredible, it's like TM has actually got some sort of clear vision that the other idiots couldn't see,

Next thing you know we'll be building stuff again - defences for one - along with paying our own people to do things properly instead of another country who then c*ck it up. Oh hang on, there is Hinkley..

I suspect that TM herself has had enough of some of the destructive decisions taken by previous leaderships - all of which were powered by greed..

Now we need to get back into the business of building our own fighter jets - we were world leaders in aviation defence once - look at the vulcan.

It'll be quite some time before we see the effect of that decision coming through.

Above the five years at college is a lot more training before they become fully skilled.

In the meantime we shall still require the foreign doctors still in situ and replacemets for wastage through retirements etc.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

@Luzern yes I am aware of that but it's a start - previous administrations have been ruining this country and its NHS for decades - it's only logical that it won't be restored overnight.

Minivanman wrote:

The Vulcan was not a fighter jet, it was a bomber.

I am aware of that - it was simply a point of principle - a british made plane that was great and ahead of its time - at the time.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

To quote from the song by The Who....  "Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss? Let's hope we don't get fooled again".

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

With all these nice promises, of we are helping everyone 😜
Makes you wonder if its a sweetener ahead of a general election, while Jeremy is doing bad
Community Veteran

@rongtw ..  That's exactly my impression! She is trying a little too hard for my liking. When Tony Blair was also claiming the "centre ground" from old Labour for New Labour he made very similar promises / noises / rhetoric. I am afraid I just dont trust her. And remember that when she was Home Secretary she was hell bent on destroying everyone's online privacy by allowing just about everyone to access online accounts for very little reason. Now she's suddenly saying she wants a fairer world for everyone. Seems too good to be true.

Community Veteran

@nozzer

@rongtw

But surely she deserves a chance ? I note you have not put forward any namer of current MP's who you would prefer.

Perhaps you would not want any but like it or not they were all voted in with a majority.

Unlikely to be a early election, Jeremy will continue to add to his mistakes and who knows what some of the more moderate Labour MP's might to ? Start a breakaway party ? or just continue to support Jeremy as their jobs are more important to them.

TM has a number of years to the next election plus a further 5 years unless something drastic happens and if it does who is fit to take charge in any party so lets hope nowt happens.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

She's triangulating! Shooting Labour's foxes. Occupying the centre ground that they've abandoned. We could have the Conservatives in for a generation unless UKIP can get their [-Censored-] together lol
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Minivanman
Hero

Following my thoughts there Peter, a gap on the right and UKIP and their über right wing cronies will take up the slack. Great that they gave us Brexit, let's hope they do give others space for extremism - and a Tory Prime Minister on behalf of the "working class"? I don't believe it!. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
shylok
Rising Star

Looks like their out Ukipping UKIP to me, moving further to the right than the centre ground by fanning the flames of xenophobia while trying to blame foreigners for their own failures in government, this on the back of reports in increased attacks on migrants & EU nationals following the divisive negative anti immigrant campaigning of Vote Leave. There's a shortage of skilled workers in this country in many areas, most notably the NHS, but also in IT, the financial sector & the building trade. Since the Tories have allowed universities to charge in excess of 9k tuition fees, cut nurses bursaries, as well as cutting all kinds of vocational training, it won't be anytime soon that there will be 'British jobs for British workers' (all very BNP), services & businesses will struggle even more during the turbulent times of brexit re-negotiations. JC has got the measure of it.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Corbyn has NO chance if there is a Election , he is a waste of space .

But Labour has not any better alternative , latest poll says it all

YouGov’s latest voting intention figures in the Times this morning are CON 42%(+2), LAB 28%(nc), LDEM 8%(nc), UKIP 12%(-1), GRN 3%(-1). The changes since last week are not significant in themselves, but push the Conservatives to a fourteen point lead, the largest from YouGov since November 2009.