Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comeuppance for a delightful lady

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Comeuppance for a delightful lady

A libel suit has been lost and damages of: £130.000 awarded and the lady in question is having to seek bankruptcy unless she can get an iVA approved. She is the delightful Katie Hopkins.

Now, why did they get rid of debtors' prisons?rolleyes:Wink

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Comeuppance for a delightful lady

Didn't she make a comment a few years ago that people in debt were idiots etc etc. The words if the cap fits spring to mind.😂
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 30

Who is this 'lady'? Sorry if I seem thick, but as I don't follow the shallow people the media seems to love, I only know the name, and not why she is so 'famous'.

John
Highlighted
Hero

I'm a bit like @jab1, but I'm aware of her reputation. Wikipedia may educate.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 30

@Luzern Wiki may educate, but I'd rather not waste my time.Smiley

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

There appear to be more people about these days full of their own self importance and very opinionated who think nothing of making personal statements irrespective of the harm it does to others.

Empty vessels make most noise springs to mind.

Glad she has got her comeuppance.

Highlighted
Hero

@gleneagles and godownpoundance?Funny

Highlighted
Hero

And now we read of her appearing on a platform with really extreme and despicable right-wingers.

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

whilst Hopkins has been used as a gobby devils advocate for a lot of things and it seems she possesses quite a distasteful acidic personality the outcome of her trial was assured long before it even started, people wanted her silenced and they appealed the ruling playing out the case for the public to ensure the judge chose the right way during the appeal process... 

if anything the fact that she got hit with 3 sets of legal bills for winning the case twice and then a tax bill and on top of that had her assets frozen leaving her with nothing but her property as collateral for a loan is just going to make her even more of a fringe loon, hell they got her sacked from her main job on the radio despite it having nothing to do wiht the court case against her...

and whilst the guardian glad hands with its chums about how they stole someone's ability to earn and have a dissenting opinion more people should be shuddering in the dark at just how totalitarian they rabid mob has become, every dissenting opinion should be in prison and be unable to earn money and their assets stripped…. becasue they disagree with you....

now I dont like Hopkins but yet again the legal system has created a law that didnt exist in the past during the appeals process becasue the existing laws didnt comply wiht the desired narrative …. parliament should take action against this sort of thing and stamp it out, but of course they will do nothing and since she's being hounded on all fronts she cant even fund a 3rd appeal to attempt to get this miscarriage of justice overturned...despite the fact that both the original ruling and the first appeal went in her favour... 

and before you ask I think she's a bilious shill in public and thankfully have never met her in person, but like anyone she should be free to say and think whatever she likes without fear of persecution without needing to worry about new fake crimes being dreamed up to harass her, this isnt some third world dictatorship we live in so why is our legal system morphing into a mirror of the soviet union's under Stalin glibly heralded as a good thing by the ever more vapid masses ?

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you