cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come On Down...

Fixes: 125

Come On Down...

...The Game Show Story
Just watched the first 2 in this series and made me wonder what are your favourite and most disliked TV game shows?
My favourites are (in no particular order):
The Generation Game
8 Out of 10 Cats
Mastermind
QI
Call My Bluff
Ask the Family
Telly Addicts
Never Mind The Buzzcocks
Pointless
Give Us A Clue
Blankety Blank (Terry Wogan and Les Dawson)

Disliked:
Price is Right
Tipping point
The Cube
Golden Balls
There's probably more in both lists...

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Come On Down...

Likes NIL

Dislikes  ALL  Cheesy
Roberto0151
Grafter

I haven't the slightest idea!  Who on earth has the time to watch all that stuff ? (polite version)  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: shutter
Likes NIL

Dislikes  ALL  Cheesy
+1
I would rather watch paint dry than watch this kind of stuff, TV programs on the cheap !
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I don't really mind gameshows but i really did dislike who wants to be a millionaire. Once you'd seen one episode you'd seen them all and it was so incredibly boring.
I really dislike any gameshow that is based on general knowledge.
Other shows like gladiators, catchphrase, deal or no deal (just) are far superior to GA based shows.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

the krypton factor, crystal maze family fortunes, bulls eye, catchphrase, weakest link
were all favourites because the people on them invariably made really stupid answers, also bulls eye because they always showed you what you could of won (and it was elating to see what that episodes morons were not getting)
most of the others are sometimes fun to watch but get boring really fast if watched regularly
its always a good time filler in the evenings after tea but before bed time for the kids to chill out and get a little smarter whilst watching Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Roadie
Grafter

Easy for me, I detest them all ! Game shows, cooking shows, "celebrities" dancing, cooking, skating, I'm surprised they are not filmed flossing, cheap, brainless TV, humbug !
Community Veteran

Likes:-  I'm sorry I haven't a clue, pref when Samantha is on as 'scorer'
Dislikes:- I'd guess the rest but would be hard pushed to name any
Community Veteran

Quote from: Roadie
cooking shows, "celebrities" dancing, cooking

Think you mentioned cooking twice lol but yea i agree that cooking shows are worth 2x the detestment lol. As for celeb worshipping shows, yes i'm also a bit against those too. I don't mind the dancing versions though as long as the women are hot and wearing minimal coverage  Cheesy
alanf
Aspiring Pro

I quite like the The Chase but only watch it once in a while. There is humour and very little time wasting as everything is against the clock. No "do you want me to take that as your answer?"/"final answer?". Push a button or say something and that's it.
I am at a loss for how Deal Or No Deal has lasted so long. To me the joy of a quiz is joining in at home. DOND is just people opening boxes and trying to use will power to change the contents of the already chosen boxes!
Tipping Point is a recent dislike. So much time wasting.  Anything the contestant says seems to have to be repeated by the host and there are sound effects to fit every moment. Oh, and it has to be "DROP zone" if contestants dare  to abridge the request to "zone" the host will insist on saying it in full. The games that accompany National Lottery also seem to be dire.
Celebrity Who Wants To Be A Millionaire live shows always annoyed me. There is another team waiting to come to win some money for their charity and Chris waffled on with the current team about nothing in particular wasting time so by the time the new team came on, if they came on at all, they only got a few hundred pounds.
Community Veteran

QI, Dynamo and HIGNFY are my favourites!  Smiley
Anything to do with cooking, celebs(?) or talent shows should get a one-way ticket to the vet!  Angry
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

Oh yes.. tipping point.. urgh.. now most games that have some sort of machine or technicall fascinating 'thing' i enjoy but tipping point is frankly... going over the tipping point. I find the show very annoying along with the host who used to be a Newscaster at ITN for a short while. As you say alanf, a lot of things repeated, a lot of time wasted.. i get the impression it's a 5 minute game with a lot of padding out. I really dislike the show.
Fixes: 125

Yes - HIGNFY is a must see for me - very topical and funny even if Paul Merton often looks like he'd rather be anywhere else.
I've never got DOND.
I do like Come Dine With Me - mainly for the caustic comments from Dave Lamb (an apt name if ever there was one Wink)
Tipping point - who thought that concept was a good idea? Probably one of the most boring of all games shows along with Golden Balls Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Golden balls... oh my word i forgot about that lousy piece of ***p. That really was awful!
Community Veteran

Pointless deserves its title.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.