cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come Fly With Me.......

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Come Fly With Me.......

Nah... not really.... not even "come fly with Yokshu Airlines" ... however... some of you may be interested in a programme that follows Easy Jet new recruit pilot training...

ITV 4 AT 21:00 TONIGHT... part 1 of 2  "EASY JET: INSIDE THE COCKPIT"

2 REPLIES
Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

Re: Come Fly With Me.......

Caught it the first time around.  Perhaps my favourite quotes were the young newly-qualified pilot from Cumbria who was posted to Paris, and when asked how he found it, said "It's very French".  I understand he is now back at easyJet's base in Manchester, and probably finding it very Mancunian.  And the Dutch/British one who on his first flight as a first officer said "The bay of what?" when the captain suggested he told the passengers they would be flying over the Bay of Biscay.  I would have thought that someone new to the job would show enough interest to check out where they would be going, and perhaps Dutch geography lessons need to incorporate basic European geography.

I wish them all good luck and a long, happy, and safe career.  It's good to see young people working hard and achieving their goals.  And it isn't just policemen who look younger as we age.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Re: Come Fly With Me.......

I thought that it was a bit "irresponsible" for those New Zealand training staff, to allow that pilot to do her first solo, without someone actually checking the cloudbase, and weather forecast for the area... Also I thought it was "irresponsible" for her not to have been given some basic instruction on instrument flying, prior to her first solo... another point, Why was she not given information about her position, and course to fly, back to the airfield.... from the ATC radar.

OK... I can see the point about flying solo, and using maps for navigation, but she was almost left to her own devices up there, when she should not have been allowed to fly in those conditions for her first solo..

Yup!.. she managed it, but .... could have turned into a disaster if those clouds had dropped another 200 ft.... completely obsuring the ground.