cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colourful Road

Community Veteran

Colourful Road

This is a great idea. It is an intersection downtown St Pete Florida. It really brightens up the area. Maybe London could follow their leadSmiley

25 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Colourful Road

They could do that all around the houses of parliament.

It would fit in perfectly with the giant ferris wheel.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

We already have got colourful roads......  long sections of major routes are covered in red grit... and called "bus lanes"... 

and next to that we have another long strip covered in green grit... called cycle lanes...

. then we have those two  white lines in the middle of the road.... called .... motorbike lanes....

and we have those black and white stripes across the road, for pedestrians to play hide and seek with... ( now you see me..... now you dont... now you see me... now you dont... until they manage to get to the other side...

add to that those fascinating yellow ribbons down the edge of the road, to stop people parking on the pavement...

and those other yellow "hatched boxes" at road junctions.where you "do not enter, unless you can get out before someone crashes into you ".

Oh, and don`t forget those red strips across both sides of the road, where the speed restriction changes....  ( why do they put that on the "outward" side of the road when exiting a speed restricted area?   What a waste of money.

Community Veteran

Ah!! But I think mine is more colourful and welcoming Smiley

Community Veteran

But would the fixed penalty notices arrive in equally colourful envelopes?Smiley

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Colourful roads?

I looked at the pic, and managed to kerb my enthusiasm.  Cheesy

Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

Despite the designer being Drained after their effort it will probably be reported in the Gutter press as looking Cobbled together.

Community Veteran

Image added.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

I've always thought it would be much easier and cheaper especially with those multiple variations on yellow lines to paint them where you can park rather than where you can't, so ubiquitous have they become. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Yeah, but.... that would be a tad confusing now.... ! ..

it`s easy enough to remember what they mean....

broken single yellow.... =  sometimes

Continuous single yellow   =  Maybe

doubel yellow  = Never.

the tricky ones are the ones painted across the curb, though... referring to when you can unload goods ( I think ! )..

Community Veteran

Interesting ly the one in the pic I posted didn't cost the City one cent. It was painted as part of a mural festival Smiley

Minivanman
Hero

...or, just borrow somebody's disability badge shutter and ignore the lot! 

Confused? No need to be. Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

@Minivanman I think you should delete that comment...  not a good idea to broadcast that kind of suggestion on a public forum.

My wife has a disabled badge, and I do not misuse it... I have never misused it to ignore the yellow line regulations. if there is nowhere suitable to park, then I will drop her off, and get her to call me up when she needs picking up again.

Community Veteran

@shutter  I agree with your sentiment. It annoys me when I see someone park in a disabled bay when they are clearly not disabled.

Minivanman
Hero

Shutter, I think we both know that was not a serious suggestion in the same way that we both know the disabled badge system is sometimes abused. You've seen, I've seen it, and I'm glad to note that you do not but sadly it's always not the case.