Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colman's Mustard

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Colman's Mustard

Colman's Mustard celebrates 200 years on Britain's tables with fascinating archive of photos and adverts showing how it went from strength to strength
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2717690/History-never-hot-Colmans-Mustard-celebrates-200-yea...

Colman's Bosses have stated that their profit comes from the Mustard left on the Plate !!
Norwich, where Colman's have been based for over 160 years now, features Colman's Products everywhere, as you might expect.
13 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: Colman's Mustard

I will only buy Colmans ENGLISH mustard  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Fixes: 121

Having tried Tailor's Mustard SWMBO won't have any other.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: rongtw
I will only buy Colmans ENGLISH mustard  Wink

Me to!
Community Veteran

I make my own Smiley
Fixes: 47

Sunday roast isn't the same without English mustard Cool
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

If you eat beef though.
Got to be cranberry sauce with chicken/turkey, mint sauce with lamb and apple sauce with pork.
Fixes: 47

Sorry, I automatically associate beef with Sunday roast Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 121

Quote from: AndyH
Got to be cranberry sauce with chicken/turkey, mint sauce with lamb and apple sauce with pork.
SWMBO will still have her mustard with these as well Crazy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

WTF
Grafter

Quote from: PlusComUK
Colman's Bosses have stated that their profit comes from the Mustard left on the Plate !!

It was the original Mr Coleman who said that - of course, that was in the days when you had to mix it up from powder and people always made too much Wink
We have a variety of different mustards, but English - and usually Coleman's - is definitely the fav.   You just don't get that "I must be breathing flames from my nose" feeling from other mustards  Roll eyes
Infinity
Pro

My Gran used to mix it from Powder, if I remember rightly she mixed it with Milk.
And do you remember the little flat spoon shaped metal spatulas ?
I've tried lots of Mustards Worldwide, and always come back to Coleman's English.
There is a definite knack in just getting the right amount on a knife to spread in a Sandwich.
Infinity
Pro

Food Unwrapped on Channel 4 has a really interesting section on Mustard, in particular Colman's Mustard in Norwich.
How it is grown, treated, processed, and made into both English & Dijon Mustard.
Catch it on On Demand if you can.

And... as a Bonus, the programme also featured Guinness, how it is made, and the magic Ingredient is.......
Nitrogen Gas, which has 1/10 the size of CO2 bubbles, which makes a longer lasting creamy head !!

Repeated
Fri, Aug 22 · 03:25-03:55 · Channel 4
Food Unwrapped

Matt Tebbutt visits a factory to learn how mustard is made, and why the English variety is hotter than Dijon.
Jimmy Doherty heads to Dublin to find out what gives stout its smooth texture, while Kate Quilton goes on the trail of the ultimate superfood, investigating the nutritional benefits of watercress.
Community Veteran

I love exposing visiting Americans to a generous slather of, freshly mixed from powder, English mustard in a beef sandwich. It helps if you let the mustard develop it's flavour for 30 minutes after mixing. You know it's right when you have sinus clearing sensation as you eat. My guests get so used to factory mixed "English Mustard" from jars which of course is nothing like the real thing.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro

we used to make mayo a few years back (because all the jars contained lactose which my nipper was allergic too) and that required a teaspoon of mustard powder but in the last few years its been almost impossible to get hold of
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you