cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colemanballs

Fixes: 124

Colemanballs

How about some of our favourite gaffs made by sports commentators...
I'll start off (give a name if you know who said it);
That was only a yard away from being an inch-perfect pass
They didn't change positions, they just moved the players around - Terry Venables
The batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willy -  Brian Johnson
For those who have black and white TV's, the Brown is behind the green
For those of you watching who do not have television sets, live commentary is on Radio 2. - David Coleman
The big Cuban opened his legs and showed his class - David Coleman
Linford Christie's got a habit of pulling it out when it matters most - David Coleman
That would have been a goal if it wasn't saved - Kevin Keegan

I'll post more if you like?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Colemanballs

yes please. they're fun.
Fixes: 124

A few more, they still make me laugh;
Gary always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice - Kevin Keegan
The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it which is identical  - Murray Walker?
Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious
One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?! - Tennis Commentator
Big mistake in the goalmouth, Seaman all over the place - Football Commentator
He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces
I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father - Paul Hamm
Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had - David Beckham
I would not say David Ginola is the best left winger in the Premiership, but there are none better - Ron Atkinson
I've had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable - Paul Gascoigne
This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother - Dressage Commentator
If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again
Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother - Dressage Commentator
Grin Grin Grin ROFL
Fixes: 104

I liked..
David O'Leary's experiments with the English language are as fascinating as Ron Atkinson's.  - John Boland, TV Critic, "Irish Independent"
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I liked the one from Eddie Waring about a rugby league player who was lying in a heap on the pitch
"He is all right I can see him twitching"