Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cold Callers moneyexpert.com knocking on doors

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Cold Callers moneyexpert.com knocking on doors

Some guy just knocked on our door said he was from moneyexpert.com he wanted to know who my energy bills were with and how much i paid, i told him nothing.

Anyone else had this company knocking on your doors ?

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
36 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Anyone had these lot on their street ?

No,.... but the next thing you should do is dial 111 or whatever it is, and inform the police... These "cold callers" are a menace, especially to old and vulnerable pensioners... so your information can help to put a stop to a scam, at least, or at worst... something you do not want to comtemplate..

PHONE NOW ....

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Was just a young lad he didnt seam pushy or anything and left as soon as i said not intrested, he did show me his card but it didnt have his pic on it or anything.

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Makes no difference, if it was an old man, with a walking stick and a guide dog... or a young blonde with short skirt... they are all possible scammers ...

they do not wear a sign saying... "i am a scammer "...  nor do distraction burglars wear stripey jumpers and carry a bag with the word SWAG printed neatly on one side...

Phone now... before someone gets conned... (or worse)   You can always  "be polite" and ask them if they know about anyone doing the rounds as a "....xxxx  representitive"  doing cold calls in your area"... and take it from there...

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Cold Callers moneyexpert.com knocking on doors

Not wanting to worry you but it sounds to me like they may have been checking you out.

A) Let the police know

B) Post on a local fb group - there is bound to be one.

C) Let Moneyexpert.com know? https://www.moneyexpert.com/

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

For several years now I have had a NO COLD CALLERS sign by my front door. Got it from Amazon for about a £. Result is all most NO callers, including religious groups (it is included in the sign). Last one I had was last year, a young guy and I asked him if he COULD READ, and pointed to the sign ;-)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Some areas have notices put up by the council showing, 'No Cold calling area'

Sounded like a good idea to me so I contacted the council only to be told you will have to get over 50% of signatures from residents in your area before we can consider it.

I accept some people might want, ' cold callers' but suspect the majority do not, I cannot see why it should not be banned.

A good tip is to take your mobile phone to the door and say, " I always take a photo of people who come to the door"

They will soon clear off after that.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

HairyMcbiker wrote:
For several years now I have had a NO COLD CALLERS sign by my front door. Got it from Amazon for about a £. Result is all most NO callers, including religious groups (it is included in the sign). Last one I had was last year, a young guy and I asked him if he COULD READ, and pointed to the sign ;-)

I tried that but clearly most of those knocking on my door clearly cannot read or more likely are too lazy to read.

Perhaps a dangerous dog sign on the gate might be more effective ?

nadger
Rising Star

Registered dangerous animal breeder.

Please knock if you're interested in being part of their diet Smiley

Minivanman
Hero

I think I read somewhere that such signs admitted liability, so if your dog did tear a caller's leg off, it would be you that did not have one to stand on in court? Not everybody can read English these days y'know Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Minivanman
Hero

@HairyMcbiker

It's an old one, but still make me smile. Smiley

Church-mice-talk-about-cheeses.jpg

Community Veteran

@Minivanman I was at this party the other day and we started talking about cheese ...

Do you know where did that come from?
Many years ago, me and a mate were at a party and the hostess asked us about cheese, we just broke up.

As to not being able to read English, well if they are selling something I sure hope they can!
alanf
Aspiring Pro

St3 wrote:

Anyone else had this company knocking on your doors ?

"Warning! Money Expert cold-callers are nothing to do with MoneySavingExpert.com"

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2016/04/warning-money-expert-cold-callers-are-nothing-t...

Minivanman
Hero

@HairyMcbiker

"As to not being able to read English, well if they are selling something I sure hope they can"

Ah well that's just the point, they might just be casing the joint! Roll eyes

Community Veteran

@Minivanman After living here for over 20 years, I have yet to see any break-ins. We are just a too poor area. Seen drug busts going down, and plenty of vandalism, but no house burglaries. I know of several people who even don't bother to lock their doors, and have never been burgled.