cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Thread

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Closed Thread

The Coronavirus thread has been closed without the courtesy of an explanation to members.

I can understand the reasons why action needed to be taken but surely the sensible and correct action would have been to ban any offending posters and allow others to continue to post in the thread. Posters have asked many times for offending posters to be dealt with but mods appear not to have done this.

I think the mods should explain their reasons for the action they have taken.

58 REPLIES 58
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Closed Thread

Am I missing something or has it been deleted.

Highlighted
Fixes: 1,071

Moderators Note

The reason for any action taken is at the top of chat in a pinned post.
Any topic that is now deemed to have a whiff of a political post will be removed.

All sides and members have shown they can’t play nicely.
No one has the high ground here.

Demands of this and that should have happened and for explanations are pointless.
We are where we are. Move on.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

A few threads have been deleted.

It was the obvious sole aim of a couple of posters to bring down / close the chat forum or at the threads they were posting in.

Looks like they got their way.

Seems to me the mods are between a rock and a hard place.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 24

@Mook wrote:

Am I missing something or has it been deleted.

The Coronavirus, Avatar Changes, and Whitewashing Our History threads have all been 'disappeared'.

And possibly one or two more? Memory isn't what it was.

There will be good days, and there will be bad days
And this is one of them

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@dvorak 

Thank you for your curt reply. Who is the person employed by PN to look after the forum?

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@billnotben 

I don’t agree they got their way, if the intention was to close chat they have failed.

Indeed any attempts to highjack threads to wind others up will likely be blocked or removed.

Clearly there is a need for chat otherwise no one would be posting here.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 24

@artmo wrote:

Who is the person employed by PN to look after the forum?.

IIRC @matthew1 recently succeeded @JonoH in the role.

There will be good days, and there will be bad days
And this is one of them

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

@198kHz   better start panicking.....

cos there ain`t nobody.......  since April this year.....

JONOH.png

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

Just close down the Forum...... it is well past it's best before date.

Much tougher moderation if allowed to continue.

Or at least, only allow access to current Plusnet customers.

And new posters to be moderated for a few initial posts.

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

With those threads deleted it's no great loss to the forum that's for sure.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@artmo 

I wouldn't bother challenging the decision if I were you. This kind of forum isn't the right place for heated discussions of any kind, especially political ones. Ideas tend to get lost in the dozens of posts that inevitably get made and when tempers get frayed it just decays into a bad tempered slanging match. 

Me? I'd rather talk about beer. Anyone tried Deuchars IPA, made by Caledonian Breweries? Superb stuff. 😁

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

How about a slight chat forum rule change.

No going off topic unless it's something humorous or about ducks.

That would have taken care of most of the deleted threads.

Who am I kidding.😀

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

@Lægen wrote:

Just close down the Forum...... it is well past it's best before date.

Much tougher moderation if allowed to continue.

Or at least, only allow access to current Plusnet customers.

And new posters to be moderated for a few initial posts.

@Lægen  When you have been using this forum, for as long as I have... and a good few others,. you will appreciate what an excellent forum it is... .. it has been spoiled a few times, by a few ( for want of a better term)... "non-persons"... who just like to get on ANY platform and cause as much havoc as they can... sit back and "enjoy the fun/chaos" that they have created. then claim the victim position, to justify themselves and to remain a "member" of the forum.

Let us not forget. there are other boards on this forum, that give excellent help and support to all and sundry, no matter what their political/religious background.

General Chat. has also been a very useful way of getting..... and giving... help to "non plusnet/non internet" problems...  again.. it is generally given by the "longer serving members".. and again.. it has been an excellent way to gain support, for "off grid" interests, and a source of initial information about where to buy, or where to look for....whatever...

I am sure that my time with Plusnet.. (almost 12 years) would not have been as productive in my private life, nor would I have gained the expertise regarding Operating Systems.. ( still a lot to learn) without the forum.  I am sure that many others will agree with me on that point.

So.. if you  want the forum closed...all you have to do ...is "log off" and forget about it..

(that is not being "antagonistic" towards you, ... nor it is a personal attack)..

The forum was always a "good place to be"... somewhere to feel that you "belonged" to a community... somewhere you could have some fun with others...and yes, it has also been a dark place, when those "non-persons" have been allowed to spoil the atmosphere. 

Hopefully, we shall all move on, as the saying goes... already, it feels a much "nicer place to be" since the offending threads about politics and religion have been removed.

I hope, ( even though I am no longer a Plusnet customer ) that the forum and all its boards will continue and go from strength to strength, and with good intentions by all concerned, I am sure that it can pick itself up from these recent dark days and go forth rejoicing.

I shall continue to be a member... and continue to help others, as and when I am able to do so.. and .. I shall also try to contribute new and interesting subjects for all to enjoy on General Chat, for many years yet.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@billnotben 

That could be regarded as discrimination against chickens! 😱