Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clocks have gone back

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Clocks have gone back

Quote from: jelv
Not forgetting the rule that when approaching a roundabout on a dual carriageway intending to turn right, if you are in the right hand lane you indicate, if you are in the left hand lane you don't.

Can I just say that it really irritates me that everyone in any lane, when approaching a roundabout (or a circus as they like to call them in London...) indicates that they are turning right if they are doing anything except turning left. I think they do this in case anyone thinks they are a bit eccentric and like to do their roundabouts anti-clockwise.
This is regardless of whether they are operating on BST or GMT.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Quote from: James_H
Somebody said something about clocks a while ago........

But can you tell us off as we're in the General Chit-Chat forum? Grin
On the subject of indicators, I think this spoof ad from Sniff Petrol sums it up nicely:

Anyway back onto time .. I've already posted about that. Work clocks still not updated. May leave an hour early on the basis of the phones and tell my boss I didn't realise they were on the wrong time Cheesy
Community Veteran

Sorry I'm a bit late, somebody didn't change the clocks:
Cycle lights.  My issue is with the idiots who don't use them at all, wear only dark clothes, and then behave as if as long as they can see you, you must be able to see them, so they ignore traffic lights, and all the other rules of the road,  completely.  Angry
And as for indicators, the worst are the drivers who sit in the left hand lane approaching the roundabout, and think because they're signalling right, they can just go all the way round  - on the outside Angry Angry Angry
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: hulls
And as for indicators, the worst are the drivers who sit in the left hand lane approaching the roundabout, and think because they're signalling right, they can just go all the way round  - on the outside Angry Angry Angry

Sorry the worst are Taxis in Middlesbrough, Boro Cabs are the worst for doing this.  One day wen I was in a Boro Cab the taxi driver said to me that he doesn't need to put on the indicator.
A nuther taxi driver said to me that the indicator got on his wick, he said that it is to noisy.
Can you beat that?  Smiley
alanb
Grafter

Quote from: pcoventry76
Don't forget - i did  Grin lol

Looks like you need this ...
http://www.dti.gov.uk/employment/bank-public-holidays/bst/page12528.html
I keep an entry in my todo list that contains this url and a copy of the text. When it falls due, I edit the due date of the todo to move it to the next clock change date.  Cool
pcoventry76
Grafter

what shocks me is taxi drivers dont need to wear seatbelts, yet they are the most dangerous drivers of them all.
ill never use a cab again
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

ill never use a cab again

Regrettably I need to use a taxi.  Sad
I don't drive.
Because of me having cancer I no longer use a bike.  So that  leaves the bus watt is no good or walking watt is exhausting, with me know longer been fit.  So regrettably I am stuck with the taxi.  Sad
I can only hope that the taxi driver is not one of them who think it is ok to drive with out using the indicator, and not in the Grand Prix as well.  Sad
pcoventry76
Grafter

If you can find a driver your happy with you may be able to request that driver most of the time
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

If you can find a driver your happy with you may be able to request that driver most of the time

That is going to be the best option.  Smiley
Quote from: PJ
Or find a small responsible firm

The problem with that is Boro Cabs are buying out all of the small firms in the North East.  Sad  Sad
pcoventry76
Grafter

They have done that in sheffield, and the company who now owns about 4 of the companys is well, er pants..
i was charged once £13 to go from the parkway to Sheffield Airport - needless to say i will never use them again, it should have been £7.50 but even that's expensive for what is 3 miles
James
Grafter

Pfft.  Wait till you see prices where I'm from.
You expect to pay £20 for a 3 mile journey after 12.
pcoventry76
Grafter

now that's just silly...  Shocked
Community Veteran

The cab company I use in cheltenham charge me between £6 and £7 to go from work to home, which most days is after midnight and is a distance of just under 2 miles.
Fixes: 143

......and as for the state of the deck chairs on Scarborough sea front.....well Roll eyes
I'm not a big fan of motor cyclists (Derbyshire police have an ongoing safety campaign) but that's probably down to the actions of a minority who think they are indestructible.
As for pedal cyclists. I know a dedicated semi-pro who is highly responsible on the public roads and travels to and from work every day by cycle.
However they appear to be a small minority, the greatest number are either recreational weekend riders or pedal versions of the 'indestructible' group mentioned above.
I often see one or two of these on my way to work dark clothes with no Hi-Vis gear, no lights on, sailing through red lights etc.
They have to appreciate with today's road conditions that motorists have a great many things to deal with already without a small dark object suddenly appearing in their nearside mirror just as they are about to turn left with their indicator on.
I agree we all have a right to use public roads but please do it responsibly.
Edit: BTW I am sure all motorcycle owning PN customers and staff belong to the responsible majority.
That also includes customer/staff transients....whoever they may be Wink

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 62.0.3 (64-bit)

pcoventry76
Grafter

Quote from: FretMaster

Edit: BTW I am sure all motorcycle owning PN customers and staff belong to the responsible majority.

Well i am, although after pondering whether or not to take my bike to work i've decided to just use the tram.
I ride a 125cc bike, okay not the fastest thing on 2 wheels but it does 70mph and that's fast enough for me. I agree people just don't look.
I also drive a van, and i am extra vigulant when i am near bikers, and give them a smuch space as they need, in the hope i will get the same treatment
it's mental.