cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clintons Cards Trying to Pull a Ratner

Community Veteran

Clintons Cards Trying to Pull a Ratner

It's amazing how some companies blindly try to emulate Gerald Ratner.
What was Clintons Cards thinking with this effort.
Alienate people who live in council houses. Alienate those who love the idea of Santa at Christmas.
They must have lost half their customers at a stroke.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30368218
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Clintons Cards Trying to Pull a Ratner

I think that you are wrong on the proportion - I would have expected between 80% and 90% or perhaps even higher
I saw that before you posted it and I was appalled that somebody could be such a crass idiot to firstly even think it was acceptable and even more his or her superiors who let it get through
Community Veteran

I think their obvious failure is in not realising that what is hilariously funny at a drunken party may not even raise a smile in the cold light of day.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Shocking! Not just that clintons would stock something so vile but that the people who produced the card clearly have such a bad vision of people living on council estates.
I've never lived on one but i've known many people who have and most of them have been very genuine and kind people. I clearly can't say the same about the directors of the company who produced that card.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Ratner described what he sold as total cr*p, but we already know what they sell in card shops is total cr*p anyway, inventing holidays, events and occasions where none exist just to sell pieces of printed card at extortionate prices when you could just make them at home for pennies with a colour laser printer... Grin
Still, that particular card is a nice sawn-off shotgun to the foot for them I'm sure... Roll eyes