cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Climate change deniers aren't worthy of the beautiful planet they live on

karljt

Climate change deniers aren't worthy of the beautiful planet they live on

Considering you can now circumnavigate the north pole (both the north east passage and the north west passage are free of ice), and considering the fact that Iceland is actively planning how to be the "Singapore" of the 21st Century, I find it absolutely despicable that there is a movement that exists purely to spread lies and misinformation about the man made climate catastrophe which is clearly unfolding (Unless you are an oil executive or a complete retard) before our eyes.
Do you know we are just a couple of decades away from the staggering statistic of 90% of all animals on Earth either going extinct, or will be on the brink of extinction because of us. The human population will hit 9 billion by 2050, and our total consumption of the Earths natural resources year on year have DOUBLED since England last won the world cup (1966)
I think we should be keeping very clear records about who the climate change deniers are, so  we know who to bring to justice in the not too distant future. They are not just ill informed, they are deliberately spreading lies, made up statistics.
The human population, how long did it take us to reach a population of 3 billion people?  Many thousands of years.  We will increase by 3 billion in the next 38 years.  Climate change Deniers, you are a disgrace to humanity.
39 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Climate change deniers aren't worthy of the beautiful planet they live on

itsme
Grafter

Quote from: karljt
Iceland is actively planning how to be the "Singapore" of the 21st Century,

I suppose that you think that Iceland is covered in Ice and Greenland is all green fields. Iceland climate have never been extreme cold as it's a small island surrounded by water.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

You have only to look at the evidence to see that the world climate has been in constant change since it was formed and there have been times when there were no Icecaps at all, other times when most of the world was frozen over.
The effects on life caused by these changes were dramatic but to suggest we can somehow halt this change is wrong, we might be able to slow it to some degree but it will happen anyway.
Global warming may occur but in a way most people do not expect.........this will happen when some unstable or fanatical person presses a button, why do I think this..since mankind has been on the planet he has devised more and better ways to destroy his fellow man (Look at all the wars taking place today, have we learned nothing ?)
Should that fail to happen then Nature has a way of balancing the enviroment and whilst we have had some success in beating nature by preventing or treating diseases that kill us we will not succeed in the long term with the enviroment.
At some time in the past, life as we know it did not exist and at some time in the future life as we know it will cease to exist.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Until recently I was an agnostic on climate change, but it seems to me now that the deniers have the most rational standpoint.
Whether it gets colder or warmer, wetter or drier, I really can't see that we can do much about it, and we would be far better putting our efforts into adapting to nature, not fighting it.
Not young enough to know everything
gswindale
Grafter

It's only an issue because people make it one.
Was it climate change that killed the dinosaurs - possibly, or was it a meteor strike?
Both are plausible reasons and we don't know for sure.
Similarly we could be struck by a meteor some time in the future which wipes out life as we know it - alternatively we could kill the planet by nuclear war in the next few years.
Nature has a way of taking it's course and all we can do is either help it along a bit or slow it down a little.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Barry
http://blog.mises.org/10939/physicist-howard-haydens-one-letter-disproof-of-global-warming-claims/
B.

Barry, an extremely complex subject that I really can't pretend to fully understand but Howard C. Hayden's letter lifts some of the mist from my eyes Wink  He attempts to answer in simple language some of the questions often asked.  it reads reading a few times to fully understand what he is saying.  Thanks for posting the link.
Community Veteran

Whatever happens I've reached my conclusion already: There's naff all I can do about it.
Sure, I can turn off the TV from standby while some government department leaves all its lights on and then uses Wake-On-Lan to boot up the whole network for updates...
I can send my cans to the recycling centre while the government build new aircraft carriers which are cheaper to build and leave rotting in a dry dock rather than cancel the contract..
I can even put my newspapers and mags in the recycling bins.. while my local authority goes and cuts down every tree on the 2 nearest roundabouts to 'improve' access for cars which will put out even more CO2 that the trees used to help deal with.
I can put my plastic out for recycling while BP and others abuse the very oil sources that made it in the first place and spill it into our seas..
I can even cut down on my gas usage.. while miners get trapped in gas filled mining plants which then explode 4 times wasting huge amounts of gas and thousands of jet engines around the world put out millions of tons of CO2..
In all I honestly feel that no matter what I try to contribute now its in vein because those at the top will manage to excuse themselves for the most pollution.
Honestly, can anyone here explain to me how my tiny efforts make any difference?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

One person can make no difference - but many people making a small effort can.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Take your pick...  http://www.grist.org/article/series/skeptics/
I'll be long gone by 2030 but my grand-daughter won't. We all, to a man and woman, owe it to the youngsters of today to at least TRY to make sure the worst doesn't happen. Denial is the easy option; it gives you a nice warm feeling inside, doing something collectively isn't the easy option but it will open some doors to a solution.
The planet won't "care" what happens to it, it will just carry on regardless and let the physics play out its path and regulate ocean levels, climate conditions, etc as it wants. Humans aren't clever enough to handle a situation as complex as climate change. We don't really understand it, but there is strong evidence that it is happening under our influence, and if politicians don't grab it by the nuts soon there is at least a risk that a disaster will happen. The problem won't be that everyone will suddenly die, it will be that vast areas of the inhabited planet will become uninhabitable, with the attendant pressures that that will mean; mass migration, land conflicts and even wars over land occupation.
Rather you than me mate!
Community Veteran

Quote from: nozzer
We all, to a man and woman, owe it to the youngsters of today to at least TRY to make sure the worst doesn't happen. Denial is the easy option; it gives you a nice warm feeling inside, doing something collectively isn't the easy option but it will open some doors to a solution.

While hoping that the denial bit isn't aimed at me, I couldn't agree more to be honest. Thousands of years after we're gone the planet will sort itself out gradually but it will be too late for us.
While I posted my views above I think ultimately the world leaders need to take stronger action. Sure none of us are going to like it but its got to be done. They're the first to cut public jobs and claim 'no one likes it but it must be done' yet when it comes to the environment they all start getting hazy about the whole issue.
I think you probably got my drift with the previous reply but I've had enough of them at the top causing billions of tons of pollution and then moaning at the rest of us. Either shut up and do something about it or just shut up is my view on those at the top.
In the past nuclear cars have been invented.. what happens? - Oil companies buy it to put it out of business. What the dumb prats fail to realise is that they could turn from oil to creating and servicing these new power sources instead. I don't agree with Nuclear but there are safeguards around these things.
Another thing that got my back up was finding out that local authorities were collecting rubish to be recycled and then sending it abroad to the 3rd world to be buried there instead. It's pathetic really isn't it. We're all stuck on this one little rock in a big universe and we have nowhere else to go to escape our mess. If we don't handle it properly and sort it out we're going to suffocate ourselves (and with the amount of CO2 and other greenhouse gases out there that could be quite literally).
America, China and Russia.. they're the key players in changing this and they're not interested. Its a tragedy.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

Quote from: okrzynska
Thousands of years after we're gone

...and we will have gone in spacecraft Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Er! those that can afford it might have done Strat...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

It'll be renamed Planet Branson by then and there will be tickets for all Smiley
...but we digress
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

... In memory of the right old pickle we left it in... Roll eyes