Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Climate Change

Climate Change

Drought

Wildfires

Hurricanes & Typhoons

I'm a believer, however it is caused, though I do believe it is at least partially man made.

BBC News, Sky News, CNN etc all agree on this, even if POTUS doesn't !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/earth/atmosphere_and_climate/climate

And in a major shift in BBC Editorial Policy

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/07/bbc-we-get-climate-change-coverage-wrong-too-oft...

The Guardian reports:

The BBC has accepted it gets coverage of climate change “wrong too often” and told staff: “You do not need a ‘denier’ to balance the debate.”

In a briefing note sent to all staff warning them to be aware of false balance, the corporation has offered a training course on how to report on global warming. The move follows a series of apologies and censures for failing to challenge climate sceptics during interviews, including Lord Lawson.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Climate Change

Yes of course there is climate change. That's the natural order of things. It's constantly cycling from one extreme to another as fossil records. for one, show.

But as you say who can guess how much is really mankind's contribution?

The fact that these changes went on long before mankind even appeared on the scene does tend to muddy the waters.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pau McCartney:

But the album's angriest moment comes on Despite Repeated Warnings - a diatribe about climate change deniers, with a lyric that couldn't be more timely or relevant: "Those who shout the loudest/May not always be the smartest."

"People who deny climate change... I just think it's the most stupid thing ever," says the star.

"So I just wanted to make a song that would talk about that and basically say, 'Occasionally, we've got a mad captain sailing this boat we're all on and he is just going to take us to the iceberg [despite] being warned it's not a cool idea.'"

That mad captain, could it be anyone in particular?

"Well, I mean obviously it's Trump but there's plenty of them about. He's not the only one."

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

@Anonymous wrote:

Pau McCartney:

"

... he is just going to take us to the iceberg [despite] being warned it's not a cool idea.'"

So it's a warm iceberg?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Climate change... what Climate change...?

7 major Hurricanes across the globe

Boston multiple gas explosions, 80,000 homes a risk

Floods, life threatening..

and more...

Oh... that Climate change !