cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cliff Richard Court Case

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cliff Richard Court Case

@artmo - Fair enough, so that evidently constitutes an invasion of privacy, who'd have thought! Which brings me back to my point regarding Google Street View. I may not have been present at the time when the car passed, but as it's my house and it's there for the world to see...

Community Veteran

@Alex Yes most UK TV can be received in Europe using a satellite and in real time.

@Anonymous That's one for the legal experts. Estate agents often use drones to sell properties so the same question would apply there too.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Going through someone's 'knicker drawer' and their private papers is also an invasion of privacy, wherever the owner might be located at the time.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 8

@Anonymous wrote:

@christmas if what you and @VileReynard say is correct then I’m even more confused. How can his privacy have been invaded (or whatever term he used in the court papers) when he wasn’t even in the country and why on earth did it even get to court.

If he is using the Helicopter hovering over his house as the source of the invasion then I’m going to sue Google for driving past my house!

@Anonymous I suggest that Google in driving past your house, is but using the public highway, and its photographing any neighbour is no more than you or I is permitted to do. The only exception should relate to sensitive locations.

Moreover one's privacy IMHO cannot be limited to where the person is at an instant in time, surely it must also attach to the possessions within the curtilage of a dwelling. Drones or overflying helicopters taking photos to me seems to be a violation of privacy.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
christmas
Aspiring Pro

@Jonpe wrote:

Going through someone's 'knicker drawer' and their private papers is also an invasion of privacy, wherever the owner might be located at the time.

Would you ban police searches to seek evidence?

Luzern
Hero

One would assume the police to have  just cause to search a knicker  drawer, but others do not. To post as if the distinction is inexistent must come from ignorance or provokation.

Just thought; police searching a nicker's drawer would have an even juster cause.:2funny:

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran

To conduct a search of private property the Police need to have one of:

The Owner's permission

A warrant

An accused in custody

VileReynard
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 18

They had a warrant.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Luzern
Hero

.... and quite naturally I'd assume they would have had a warrant. Is hair splitting in vogue once more?:rolleyes:

Hmm: how many of forums' posters' opinions are based on their likes and dislikes of a person or organization than facts, truth etc?

For instance and from beyond this forum. Does it matter if a certain lady's curtsey or dancing is awkward, except to her willing detractors?

VileReynard
Seasoned Champion

Do you mean https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/theresa-may-curtsey-velociraptor-dinosaur-171824... :2funny:

Fixes: 387

From my understanding CR's beef isn't about the search, per se (as there was a warrant), but the way it was leaked to the BBC and that fact that it was shown on TV with viewers able to see what was taken which was made worse by the fact he knew nothing about the pending search.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

VileReynard
Seasoned Champion

His "beef" was just about how much cash he could extract from the police & the BBC.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I think most would agree that the "extraction" would be better coming from police chiefs and BBC board members.

Rather than the tax payers. If it did it would do wonders for their focus and concentration.

Luzern
Hero

@VileReynard wrote:

Do you mean https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/theresa-may-curtsey-velociraptor-dinosaur-171824... :2funny:

@VileReynard I hadn't seen that one, but similar to produce a personal insult emanating from one's political position.

christmas
Aspiring Pro

@Mav wrote:

......shown on TV with viewers able to see what was taken which was made worse by the fact he knew nothing about the pending search.

What did viewers see that was taken?

When police searched Max Clifford's home following allegations of a sexual nature, did the police notify him beforehand?

If they notified him, you would have thought he'd have removed a letter, by one of his underage victims, from his bedside draw