Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claim to fame.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Claim to fame.

I've been blocked from following Diane Abbott on Twitter.

What's yours? 😎

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Re: Claim to fame.

Being interviewed by Princess Margaret.... on t.v.  and local papers.... (Lifting sunglasses &  smiling chiinaman emoticons )

Almost forgot the other one...

Being related to Captain Cook,... ( more sunglass lifting and smiling chinaman emoticons)

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Minivanman wrote:

Did she make a(nother) mistake?  🙄

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@shutter 

Captain Cook? That's pretty neat.

I have a General Allenby on my paternal side - the guy who chucked the Turks out of Palestine. There was also a Captain Allenby at Jutland, but still looking for that link. 

As for TV stuff, just Tom Baker... installed his satellite dish!

All interesting stuff. 😃

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@RobPN wrote:

@Minivanman wrote:

Did she make a(nother) mistake?  🙄

Strange thing to happen as I've never commented directly on her Twitter page as far as I know. On others sure, so I can only guess somebody or some team collate negative posts and flag them up? 

Paranoia, conspiracy... who cares. 😇

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Does being a thorough nonentity count ⁉️

I don't buy livng on someone else's fame or notoriety.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern wrote:

Is that what you think is happening here? 

As for being a nonenity, I'm not sure it bodes well for anybody to go through life with a low opinion of themselves, their experiences or their achievements. But the you go, some folks are not happy unless they are miserable - and boy, don't they like to let everybody know. 

😃

Tony Hancock I think it was who said, "I'm not a failure, I just started at the bottom and happen to like it here that's all". 

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

Tony Hancock I think it was who said, "I'm not a failure, I just started at the bottom and happen to like it here that's all". 

Some people start with low aspirations and work their way down from there.... but if it makes them happy....

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 49

Going back to Twitter, Frankie Boyle has blocked me!
I must have been really bad in a previous life as this was my 3rd ISP in a row that used lithium.
Now you're stuck with me because my new ISP doesn't run a forum Cheesy
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Browni 

That's a shame.

I rather like his particular brand of irreverent humour. 🤡

Highlighted
Hero

@Minivanman wrote:

@Luzern wrote:

Is that what you think is happening here? 

As for being a nonenity, I'm not sure it bodes well for anybody to go through life with a low opinion of themselves, their experiences or their achievements. But the you go, some folks are not happy unless they are miserable - and boy, don't they like to let everybody know. 

😃

Most of us are nonentities in the grand secular scheme of things, but I think I have a purpose that does not depend on any other, so despite being a nonentity I have worth.

Claims to fame, what worth are they, even if displayed in jest? I'm satisfied with having raised moral offspring with high moral values, which in turn they pass on to their broods. Hopefully that is more help to the world (or their little patch of it), than s Danny Dyer and a link to a medieval monarch.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern 

Well I take your point even though as expected I do not fully agree with it, so I guess this is a bad time to mention that Lloyd George knew my father.... 😉

Highlighted
Hero

@Minivanman That is stale news. More interesting is whether he knew your father's wife. Would you like to use such a clain?😀

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

With such a philanderer?

No chance. 😋

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

If you look carefully, you'll see that one of the Queen's front teeth (LL1) is out of alignment.  My LR1 is similarly misaligned; does that mean we could possibly be related?  Oh, and my mother is the spitting image of Her Maj. when viewed from the side, but I've always put that down to the similar hairstyle.