Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citizens Advice site incorrect.

MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Citizens Advice site incorrect.

I have messaged CA a few times, as they have the incorrect information listed on their website when it comes to switching ISP's. MAC keys are no longer in use, and I have had reports of a couple of customers insisting on a MAC key from COT, based on info provided by CA:
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phones-tv-internet-and-computers/problems-with-switching-...
If you are switching an internet service, you may need to ask your current provider for a Migrations Authorisation Code (MAC). They must give you the MAC free of charge within five days of you asking for it. This is a unique code which identifies your internet line and makes it easier for the new provider to switch you over. The MAC will be valid for 30 days and you must give it to your new provider within that time.
Do not ask your old provider to stop the internet service. The new provider will sort out the switch so that it happens immediately and you don’t lose any service time.
Your old provider is not allowed to withhold a MAC because you haven’t paid all charges or fees, although you will be liable to pay any unpaid amounts to your old provider.

Has anyone ever left feedback on their site? If so, any idea how long it's taken them to get it updated? Feel free to help me give them a gentle nudge by leaving feedback too...
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet