cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cilla Black

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Cilla Black

Watched the first of the 3 part story of Cilla Black the other night and thought it was excellent and in particular the actress who plays Cilla, the music was pretty good too.
Must admit I have never been to the Cavern in Liverpool, there is one there now but I am not sure if it's the original one or just a tourist attraction
23 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Cilla Black

I always liked Cilla as a singer but could take her or leave her in her other roles.
I think she was very underrated. When she was popular it was the done thing for a singer to copy another one generally from the US. Cilla was unfortunate to shadow Dionne Warwick who was one of the best singers of that time.
Fixes: 125

I've recorded the first part and will probably wait for all three before having a 'session'.
I rate Sheridan Smith very highly as an actress.She was excellent in Tower Block and I will be watching 7:39 soon. Of course, she was extremely funny in Two Pints of Lager...
I think Cilla has a great voice and have several of her songs on my PC. I did like her doing Blind date.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: gleneagles
Must admit I have never been to the Cavern in Liverpool, there is one there now but I am not sure if it's the original one or just a tourist attraction

The present day Cavern is not the original, nor in the original location.
It is a copy, located almost on the same site, Mathew St, Liverpool
Using many of the original bricks etc
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2429799/Beatles-sale-The-Cavern-Club-legendary-Liverpool-ven...

I spent a memorable day a few years back with Cynthia Lennon recording an item on The Cavern, and she introduced the Crew to many of her friends from that era.
Including someone who used to manage The Cavern
Lovely woman, very nice.

Not yet watched "Cilla", looking forwards to it.
Again, Cilla a nice person I found.
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

I thought it was going to be ghastly. I was wrong - I loved it and am looking forward to part 2.
Smiley
Community Veteran

We enjoyed it too!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Geoff,
York.
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

'You made me bloody cry':
Sheridan Smith moved to tears by positive reaction to Cilla
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/you-made-bloody-cry-sheridan-4275920#ixzz3DaYTP17W
TORPC
Grafter

I agree
Priscilla White is best as a singer, although she had done well in other roles
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Funny I never rated her as a singer and defiantly didn't like her TV shows but loved the first part of the drama.
Community Veteran

I met her once. She arrived at a club I belonged to that was part owned by Sean Connery. She was there to film an episode in one or other of her TV shows.  A pleasant, down to earth person but wouldn't allow photos until she had been attended to by her make-up girl Wink
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

That's not surprising tho' you know how the media are if they catch a celeb with the make up.
I have have no idea how they can live like that it would do my head in.
Community Veteran

Cilla's singing had great volume.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

@Mayfly, Funny thing she arrived looking like she had just got out of bed wrapped in a big coat to cover her from top to toe except for her eyes. Once she realised there was only a small group of club members around she soon dropped her guard and a cup of tea really did the trick Smiley
Community Veteran

We to enjoyed it, but it did feel a bit 'odd' watching, what's practically a tribute to...,  she's still alive.
And it's great to see  Sheridan Smith in a role other than comedy. I'm sure a lot of people will consider her for more 'serious' parts.
nadger
Rising Star

Guided by the positive comments we watched first episode of Cilla yesterday on ITV Player and enjoyed it  Smiley
Sheriden Smith was on " Who do you think you are" recently and came across very well.
Cilla was on Room 101 recently and we liked the fact that she still calls herself Mrs Willis.