Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas sob story con?

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Christmas sob story con?

Sorry, but it reads like it to me.

Christmas presents under the tree on the 1st of December, including a £350 ipad?

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/thieves-steal-family-s-presents-from-under-christmas-tree/story-2994...

"I don't believe it".  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Christmas sob story con?

Look carefully at the first pic...

then...

read carefully, the third paragraph..... and the second line ( in her quote )... under the second pic...

What is wrong?  or am I missing something? ? 

Minivanman
Hero

Nope, don't see it shutter.

What's the puzzle..... apart from the whole story itself?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

OK..... she said.... she and her partner, went to work,..... leaving the kids asleep at home...

oldest kid is 14... two babes at 1 yr old...  surely they should have had an adult looking out for them while they were asleep, ALONE in the house, while she and her partner were AT WORK...

OK.. so, "it was only a burglar"... but what if it had been someone else...or worse a fire had started accidentally, by one of the younger kids waking up....

Fixes: 47

She said she was unable to claim for the stolen items on her insurance because the intruder entered through an unlocked door. 
They left 4 young kids in a house with an unlocked door at 4:30am Shocked

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Perhaps it's me but I am reading this in a different way.......she went to work  but,...'with her partner and children sleeping inside'

I agree with the rest of the points made in the previous posts,

Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

Yep that's the way I read it, she went to work at 4.30, her husband and children were still asleep in bed.

Community Veteran

gleneagles wrote:

Perhaps it's me but I am reading this in a different way.......she went to work  but,...'with her partner and children sleeping inside'

I agree with the rest of the points made in the previous posts,

Yeah, you could be right... just the way it is "printed" and the lack of proper grammar in the construction of the sentence.

Even so,  a bit stupid to leave a door unlocked at night... and stupid to put the prezzies under the tree, so early... should have kept them in the wardrobe,until xmas eve..  there has been plenty of news stories of this type of theft in previous years... you would think people would take heed... 

Minivanman
Hero

"Even so,  a bit stupid to leave a door unlocked at night... and stupid to put the prezzies under the tree, so early... should have kept them in the wardrobe,until xmas eve..  there has been plenty of news stories of this type of theft in previous years... you would think people would take heed... !"

What's the point of assigning such an observation when it's all rubbish anyway? Thumbs Up