cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas Cracker Terrorist

Fixes: 47

Christmas Cracker Terrorist

Can you believe it.....Oh yes you can.....oh no you can't..... Crazy http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2048851.ece
A WOMAN of 22 was banned from buying a box of Christmas crackers — because shop staff feared she was too young under the 1875 Explosives Act.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
15 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Christmas Cracker Terrorist

I dont see the problem, she didnt have proof of age, and looking at her photo doesnt look much different to the 5th formers at the local school.  Most sensible people like that carry proof of age.
That also applies to drink, knifes fireworks,  i.e. typical Sun/Express/Mirror etc.
scootie
Grafter

this is why  r country is crakers. spend the time on passing laws to stop idiots letting fireworks of in public instead of a vague law that gets applyed to party popers and crakers.
i know terrorist's are compltly crakers but still not mad enough to buy a billion crackers to blow us up with.
edit. pierre pierre. i bet if she walks into her local pub/ club they serve her even when they think she looks board line for age resriction's.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

are but one could be used as a detonator
scootie
Grafter

yeah i tend to detonate when the rubish joke and puzzle/toy pops out even expensive ones from m an s have rubish in them.

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I dont see the problem

I suppose some of the jokes in these crackers can be damaging to health Crazy
. typical Sun/Express/Mirror etc.

...and BBC news Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I dont see the problem, she didnt have proof of age, and looking at her photo doesnt look much different to the 5th formers at the local school.  Most sensible people like that carry proof of age.
That also applies to drink, knifes fireworks,  i.e. typical Sun/Express/Mirror etc.

I agree with you Pierre.... she is lucky, as some women do not like to consider themselves "old" by the time they reach 25, she certainly could pass for a 5th form schoolgirl.

Well ok....I have to confess I never realised how dangerous those things could be with their jokes, trinkets and silly hats.
I did a search on the MI5 site but couldn't find anything. Maybe the threat posed by these items is so great that the government has imposed a news blackout for the greater good.
The Fireworks (Scotland) Regulations 2004 seem to have it documented:
In these Regulations–
adult firework” means
(a) any firework which does not comply with the relevant requirements of Part 2 of BS 7114
when tested in accordance with the appropriate test method (if any) in Part 3 of BS 7114;
or
(b) any firework (except for a cap, cracker snap, novelty match, party popper, serpent,
sparkler or throwdown) which does comply with those requirements;
“amorce” means a firework which is a percussion cap designed for use in toys, which
comprises a paper envelope containing a dot of impact-sensitive pyrotechnic composition and
which forms part of a roll
;

And we must not forget that everything past into law by duly elected persons is completely beyond dispute and question Undecided Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Didnt think you hid them up your kilt Strat 

I've already said I'm not Scottish.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

sorry cross posting and cross dressing not allowed
StickyMick
Grafter

Those things are highly dangerous, believe it or not.
My grandma lost her dog 30 years ago, thanks to a Christmas cracker.
My two cousins decided to pull one between them. When it cracked, out shot the novelty, which just so happened to be a balloon, the dog shot out from under the table, grabbed said balloon and made off with it. 5 minutes later the hound was dead after choking on it.
Tragic at the time, but my sister and I have a li'l chuckle when we think back to it.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and dont try and take them on a plane http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/7791382.stm

Not much chance of that Cry
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did I see someone on the home page doing an advert?