cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas Cards

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Christmas Cards

SWMBO sends out all the Christmas including other types of greeting cards and I happened to say if she was not here I would be sending none out, interestingly my Daughter said she knew several people who did not bother with cards which got me to think are Greeting Cards something most older people bother with ?
Looking in the shops there seems more cards than ever covering almost every event you can think of.
9 REPLIES
gnicholson8
Grafter

Re: Christmas Cards

I've never ever done Xmas cards. EVER :p.... lol
Community Veteran

me neither.  quit sending any kind of greetings card yonks ago.  rather buy something worth having for my friends.
Fixes: 125

I would still send cards without SWMBO but probably not as many. I seem to recall that sending cards in not traditional in Ukraine so it was a new concept for her when she moved here.
What I've never understood is when someone says 'Oh, don't really like so and so and will not be sending them a card' then they receive a card from so and so and quickly run round to send a card back.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I send cards every Christmas.  It's a tradition I've always observed. Smiley
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I'm far to self absorbed and scatter brained to remember such niceties, it took me 5 years of marriage just to remember her birthday, even now I only really remember such events once its too late to sort out cards, its not that I wouldn't send them out but if I don't have a list 2 months before the relevant date and at least a whole month of forgetting to post them I just never get round to it before its too late  Embarrassed
then again my other half is like a PA she does remember all these things and all the relevant dates, and is generally so organised everyone else is happy and blissful in there ignorance of who really does everything Wink
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

We send Christmas cards, hand made, (well bit of folded coloured card/wallpaper, photograph/picture  pasted on the outside and paper insert with message on all had written)
Most of what we receive are "hand made".
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

I've never and the missus stopped sending cards years ago, and instead just donate the money wasted on dead trees and stamps to charity.
RichAllen
Grafter

I give out and send cards to Family, carers, friends and work colleagues.
Always have done, sometimes I get one back, sometimes I don't, but I'm not bothered if I don't, at least I made the effort.
nanotm
Pro

yeah my other half is like that, she makes a deliberate point of sending something especially nice and home made to a few people that she knows will throw them in the bin in disgust that we sent them out, not because it annoys them but because life's too short for petty squabbles and especially at Christmas old farts should grow up and realise there kids are trying to teach them something important they still haven't learnt...
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you