cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas 2012 Postage Stamps.

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Christmas 2012 Postage Stamps.

Today at my local Post Office I bought 25 second class and 5 first class postage stamps.
A notice above the counter proclaimed 'Christmas stamps now on sale.'
I thought the stamps looked a bit familiar, but a stamp is a stamp so I didn't say anything.
On returning home I checked the stamps - they were the Christmas 2011 design but a date stamp on the sheet showed they were printed on 09/08/12.
Of course I was still charged 2012 prices!
Maybe we are a bit behind the times in my part of Dorset - however I wonder what stamps we will get next year.

13 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Christmas 2012 Postage Stamps.

http://shop.royalmail.com/issue-by-issue/christmas-2012/icat/christmas2012/
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I posted my Christmas cards to the US today.  The cost of postage was £1.29 per card.  They were normal cards, nothing special.
nadger
Rising Star

I seem to recall that pensioners on certain benefits were going to get postage stamps, for Christmas, at pre increase prices.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Every person in the land had the opportunity to get stamps at "pre increase prices".... the price increase was well publicised, and , indeed, I think some press even advocated laying down some cash to get a bulk supply in as they are not "dated"......
I think I have a couple at the old price in a booklet I bought... but don`t use post much anyway...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

While we're on post!! the restrictions that apply to envelope sizes that can be posted via first-class post seem to only apply to the general public.
I received an almost package of useless mail-shots and general paper debris in a bulging A4 envelope addressed to "the occupier" that wouldn't I guarantee pass through the size gauge in a post-office and guess what it was "freepost" this of course is delivery was managed by Royal Mail themselves, if they can do it.... 
I also noticed that Royal Mail are predicting that they may only deliver 50% of our post. Great, as long as its the 50% that is rubbish unsolicited junk mail that they usually deliver that's fine with me.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Quote from: Petlew
I also noticed that Royal Mail are predicting that they may only deliver 50% of our post.

About 50% of my recent Amazon purchases have been 'lost in the post' .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

That is worrying as my copy of Far Cry 3 hasn't arrived from Amazon and it was due yesterday  Sad
Steve
Pro

I bought Resident Evil Six for my XboX 360 on a black Friday deal, Estimated delivery came and went so I got In touch with Amazon, They sent out a replacement free of charge, Low and behold the next day I received my original order and the next my replacement, Just sent the replacement back on Tuesday but have heard nothing back, Was sent 1st class. Seems Amazon Is a bit slow lately but your stuff might still come Strat/oldjim.
Community Veteran

I ordered 2 items on Sunday, one from Amazon and one from one of their sellers.
The Amazon item was delivered on Tuesday and the other one arrived yesterday.  I selected standard delivery so was pleased with their performance.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Today I was decorating my daughter's old bedroom (she left home a few years ago) and I removed the radiator to check the plaster on the wall. As part of the process a sheet of second class stamps fell to the floor. I remember buying these sheets (100 stamps each sheet) when second class stamps were 20p each. She must have squirrelled one away when she was doing her Christmas cards. Given the price of stamps nowadays the original purchase was a sound investment!
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.

Quote from: Steve_M
Seems Amazon Is a bit slow lately but your stuff might still come Strat/oldjim.

In my case they have....sort of.
I reported the missing items and replacements were immediately dispatched and arrived promptly.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: shutter
Every person in the land had the opportunity to get stamps at "pre increase prices"....

This will explain http://www.royalmail.com/services/personal-delivery-options-uk/christmas-offer
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Not really... I was referring to the Original Price Increase  earlier in the year......
your linky gives info about those on benefits  Wink