cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choc horror:

TORPC
Grafter

Choc horror:

[quote=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608359/Choc-horror-It-Easter-world-running-chocolate-demand-China-outstripping-cocoa-bean-production-forcing-prices-up.html]Choc horror: It might be Easter but the world is running out of chocolate because demand in China is outstripping cocoa bean production and forcing prices up
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Choc horror:

Doesn't worry me much to be honest. I used to be hooked on the stuff and was worse than a drug addict lol. I was always on the lookout for my next fix of cadburys from somewhere and used to pester the missus everyday to bring back something from work!
Since the NHS have stuffed up my ability to enjoy anything my diet has become a lot healthier (and thus boring) and I've actually lost over 1.5 stone.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Choc has become less attractive ever since the supplier ceased to be an historic chocolate manufacturer and switched to be a large manufacturer skill in the production of processed cheese.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

It must be said i noticed the quality of Cadburys slipping since they were bought and i had a bit of a spat with them once about the quality of their hot chocolate which tasted like nothing but chemicals (they replied saying it was their new improved recipe - it was vile).
I'll give Cadburys credit where it's due though, I like some of their new adverts which are better than their recent lack of entertainment on TV before the buyout.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I thought chocolate used to be a luxury? but now it seems to me that you can get the stuff always on deals in supermarkets yet some nice decent food never/rarely sees a price decrease, something wrong there.
Community Veteran

Yep from an ex chocoholic to a now normal person it is worrying. I used to eat loads of the stuff and loved it without giving a second thought to normal food but now I'm almost normal I see the brown poison all over the place in the shops - all wrapped in colourful plastic to gain your attention.
Worrying times..
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: 7up
but now I'm almost normal:Worrying times..
lol your as normal as your version of normal can be  Grin
Community Veteran

cheeky s*d lol