Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Chinese Duck a la mer

7 REPLIES
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Chinese Duck a la mer

.....only it did not "smash into Earth at 17,000mph" - it sort of plopped into the sea in bits.

Ah sorry, just realised, it was from the Daily Mail. Smiley

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

They can't have heard of the scrappage scheme, otherwise they would have done a controlled crash on to land. It'll take some recovery money to get at it now when instead they could have earned a couple of yen at local scrapyard.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Infinity
Seasoned Pro

I find it strange, and a bit scary, that they couldn't predict / calculate exactly where it would descend to !

Community Veteran

Environmentalists complain about waste ending up in the sea, but, spacecraft, nah, not a problem, bunch of litter louts... Crazy

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

@twocvbloke

Don't you mean ritter routs?

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran

Nah, that might upset someone on the forum...Crazy

Jonpe
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

The point is that they'd lost contact with the station and therefore had no control over it.

And the Yen is Japanese, not Chinese, although the Chinese would probably accept payment in Yen if they got a good price.  Next time I visit the local tip/(recycling centre) I'll ask what they'd give me for a lightly used but worse for wear space station.

@twocvbloke " ... but, spacecraft, nah, not a problem, bunch of litter louts... "  A bit like the thousands of politicians etc. who fly half way around the world to attend conferences on how we must cut pollution form aircraft.  The answer is simple:  Stop politicians flying half way around the world to attend conferences on how we must cut pollution from aircraft!