cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chilly, Willy Weather

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chilly, Willy Weather

Here in Derbyshire we are having some beautiful Blue Skies, but really cold nights forecast.

And it's really cold daytime too !

At least we have a covered store full of logs for the log burners....

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 12.26.54.jpg

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

And for me, plenty paraffin for the Aladdin heaters, a full bottle of butane for the gas heater, and a central heating system for the rest of the time... :2funny:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just seen our local weather forecast, minus 2ºC for days next week, overnight down to minus 8ºC

A few days ago I checked the cars for Windscreen Washer antifreeze additive, and Cooling system antifreeze.

A fleece throw is nicely warm and comforting whist watching TV, without having the rooms stiflingly hot.

In fact, overnight we are still using just 15 minutes of CH every hour, this is just nice, with the well insulated property and roof space.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yeah great, seen on the news it hasn't given up yet.
Snow is supposed to be coming over to the South East next week. Starting on Sunday.

I saw a map from Facebook and my area is going to be affected. Yes I do take Facebook posts with a massive pinch of salt, but I have heard it elsewhere on the news.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We were going to do a large Tesco shop tomorrow, Monday, before all the Cold, Ice & Snow descend upon us...

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 04.27.54.jpgBut it turns out I am suffering with a bad cold, it's not flu, just a little bit debilitating, and tbh I just can't be bothered.

So..... Tesco Home Delivery booked for tomorrow, it's only £4 extra for the comfort of letting someone else doing the shopping for us.

We have only had good service from THD in the past.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 11.35.14.jpg

Community Veteran

Meanwhile, up here in't north:

WU10dayloadsasnow.jpg

Tesco's just a 3 minute walk away from me so easy enough to get to, whether or not they remain open due to people cowering under their duvets in fear of the white stuff, well, that's another matter...:grin:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@twocvbloke wrote:

Meanwhile, up here in't north:

Tesco's just a 3 minute walk away from me so easy enough to get to, whether or not they remain open due to people cowering under their duvets in fear of the white stuff, well, that's another matter...:grin:

We are a bit further away, and a steep hill is involved.

Bit dodgy walking in the forthcoming weather.

The Jeep copes with the Snow, and the Tesco car park, I just feel grotty so can't be bothered to shop.

Plus I may infect other shoppers in store.

Community Veteran

Given the amount of snotty infected kids being dragged around supermarkets, I doubt anyone would really notice... :2funny:

Anonymous
Not applicable

C'mon the Blues....

C'mon the Blues.jpgIt's been mighty Cold today, but precious little Snow.... so far

Community Veteran

I'm quite amused by this graphic from auntie beeb:

_100190061_weather_warning_uk_640_v2-nc

Could they have not picked two worse colours? Yellow snow, and Brown stains, someone in the BBC's doodling department has a serious sense of toilet humour... :2funny:

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 49

Just seen this on Twitter :2funny:

DW-9H3fXUAEY_7g

I must have been really bad in a previous life as this was my 3rd ISP in a row that used lithium.
Now you're stuck with me because my new ISP doesn't run a forum Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

We've severe snowflake weather here in the Derbyshire valleys. We awoke to snow drifts at least 8mm deep. A good job I put Michelin Cross Climate tyres on the Audi, I'll be able to go out on rescue missions (food stockpiling)  at the local supermarket.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

@AlaricAdair wrote:

We've severe snowflake weather here in the Derbyshire valleys. We awoke to snow drifts at least 8mm deep.

Blimey, a whole 8mm!! You should contact the daily fail to inform them of this disaster!!! :2funny:

Steve
Seasoned Pro

I'm in the brown Wednesday and Thursday according to that map @twocvbloke. And it has been snowing here most of the day. If it keeps falling it may be the best winter in March I have experienced for a long time! Let it snow!

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 49

Is this even possible?

minus 2 and raining.pngMinus 2 & raining?!

I must have been really bad in a previous life as this was my 3rd ISP in a row that used lithium.
Now you're stuck with me because my new ISP doesn't run a forum Cheesy