cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chelsea Flower Show

Community Veteran

Chelsea Flower Show

The Chelsea Flower Show, the greatest flower show in the world opened today with private viewings and is open to the public from tomorrow.
The theme this year is World War 1.
Chelsea Flower Show
Some really beautiful cardens that have been painstakingly created Makes me envious when I look into my garden Wink
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Chelsea Flower Show

You should not be envious...... those gardens are created with LOTS OF MONEY... more than most individuals spend on food for 5 years....
They are not really "gardens"... they are a testament to the designer, and construction workers, who put all the bits of the jigsaw together...... they are INDUSTRIAL SIZE CONSTRUCTIONS paid for by industrials size budgets.... do not forget that...
Community Veteran

I tend to think of them as huge vases of flowers. Which they are in effect.
They look wonderful, cost a lot, but only last a few weeks.
They might inspire you but practical, in most cases no.
Community Veteran

They don't even last a few weeks.
They were worried over the weekend that the heat may cause problems in a few days. Many of the displays had to have extra flowers put into them to keep them fresh.
We've had 5 days of sunshine and high temperatures in the south and this has taken its toll on the blooms.
Temperatures are forecast to drop a little tomorrow so that will allow the public to see the excellent displays during the rest of the week.
Community Veteran

I was amazed at the trouble taken to get flowers to flower at exactly the right time.
Temperature and light strictly controlled for months in many cases.
They do look amazing even though a lot would not be possible in a "my garden" situation.
You can dream though.
I'm happy with a nice green lawn, tidy borders, deck chair, and a beer in my hand.