cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Your Balance on TESCO BANK >>>> NOW !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Check Your Balance on TESCO BANK >>>> NOW !

Thousands of Tesco Bank customers lose money to 'fraudsters'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37888327

24 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Check Your Balance on TESCO BANK >>>> NOW !

This is current account customers only.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

"Every little (git) helps (themselves to your money)"... Grin

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

With Tesco Online Transactions now suspended, and some goods sold by Tesco increasing in price, is it time for a bit of Horse Trading instead ?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/07/tesco-bank-freezes-thousands-of-accounts-after-being-hacked-over-the-w...

Tesco Horse Burgers.jpg

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Some interesting reporting in that link..... when I put my link up on the O.P... Tesco said it was "less than 10,000 affected..."     this linky is reporting  is saying   "around 20,000 affected"....

Further down.Tesco says it will refund money "within 24 BUSINESS hours.."....  HUH !... what`s that.... 5 days at 8 hours per day..  certainly not open 24 hrs as advertised then ! ! ! ...# a bit "shady" doublespeak there.... people will be thinking they will get their money back within 24 hours... and will be angry cos Tesco "conned" them with the word "business" in the middle...

( yeah, I know... they have to identify those accounts and then do the necessary work to prove to themselves that the transactions were fraudulent... before paying up... )

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re Current Account customers only - not according to this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3912214/Tesco-Bank-freezes-online-accounts-emergency-measure...

One customer told MailOnline today that he had never been given a debit card because he has an online savings account, but then someone using a new card linked to his account tried to pay for goods in Rio de Janeiro at 9am yesterday.

After talking to the bank, who blocked the transaction, he said: 'It appears to the bank the someone has worked out the algorithm to create card numbers and start/end dates. They told us that the specific transaction was a card holder present and it was a swipe of the magnetic strip type of transaction'. 

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Banking with Tesco? you have to be kidding.

I'd be hard put to buy a packet of sausages from that outfit.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Must admit I wouldn't want to bank with them either. What happens if you get to the till, pay for your goods but haven't managed to pay off the overdraft? - Are they suddenly going to refuse to let you take your goods? - Sounds crazy but wars have started over things that were even more trivial.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I suppose I've been lucky. A couple of years ago I tried to open an account with them as they had very good, compared to others, rates on some of their savings accounts. But they wanted me to jump through hoops as they said I was not a tesco bank customer. Despite me having home insurance that said I was a tesco bank customer.

Anyway their rates have dropped through the floor and are now less half of what I'm getting so considering this latest debacle a double escape.

Community Veteran

shutter wrot

Further down.Tesco says it will refund money "within 24 BUSINESS hours.."....  HUH !... what`s that.... 5 days at 8 hours per day..  certainly not open 24 hrs as advertised then ! ! ! ...# a bit "shady" doublespeak there.... people will be thinking they will get their money back within 24 hours... and will be angry cos Tesco "conned" them with the word "business" in the middle...

Tesco said all money will be reimbursed by tomorrow. In view of the large number of accounts involved that seems a fast response.

Minivanman
Hero

Latest Headline.

Tesco Bank customers advised they can now find their accounts in the frozen section. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

• Tesco Bank has faced repeated warnings over its lacklustre security systems
  • Criminal gangs in Brazil have been targeting its customers for months

Tesco Bank was forced to cancel an unknown number of credit cards earlier this year over a 'data breach', and was the target of a widespread phishing scam last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3915110/Police-hunt-fraudsters-Brazil-Spain-stole-millions-a...

Why would you use a Supermarket for Banking ?

You wouldn't use a Bank for food (unless it's a Food Bank !!)

Quote:

I guess this what happens when the chiefs of these companies know nothing about computers. They are old and come from a generation for which computers barely existed. They are out of their depth.

Minivanman
Hero

"Why would you use a Supermarket for Banking?"

Exactly. 

Smacks of either greed or desperation and reminds me of shops in decline displaying goods that had nothing whatever to do with their business. Television repair shops and rural Post Offices (both gone or going now) seemed to be the biggest culprits with their displays of knitted baby clothes and hair curlers - a clear sign if ever there was one of business going down the pan.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Might be useful for consumers if the government tried to legally hack into each banks security system and publish the results, this might force those with weaker systems to shape up or lose customers.

Community Veteran

I never have any problem with the bank under my mattress being hacked.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.