Did you mean: 

Cheating at Brexit

Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Cheating at Brexit

@JonoH wrote:

@Luzern wrote:

Of course the vote may even confirm the earlier decision, but It consider your proposed course as a cop out, temely following what others had decided.

Consider it how you like, it doesn't affect my decisions either way, as I've said it's just my opinion and I',m entitled to mine just the same as you're entitled to yours.

Pro tip though - if you're trying to change someones mind try reasoned debate and attempt to build a consensus, insulting their choices probably is not going to be productive. 

@JonoH I had no intention of coming over like you think. Smiley  Sorry! I just think a decision should be made on the facts as one would see them at the time of any further vote. Whether that decision is a yes, a no, or an abstention, it should not be made because that was how most people voted the first time.

IMHO Parliament is the body to make a final decision on any of our relationships with the outside world, UK with EU included.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Well I voted leave and based on everything that has happened (or more important, not happened)  since the decision was made I feel even more strongly about leaving.

Few people can deny we paid more into the EU than we got out and I for one would prefer to see that money spent on the NHS and other services rather that to Brussels who waste much of it, remember they cannot even agree to a single base and move from Brussels to ? Strasbourg for some meetings.

Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

@Minivanman wrote:

Only 365 days to go!

All together now :coolsmiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIeC6rYrepE

Actually that song could have had different lyrics once. Did you know it was an ancient Brit song sang when they prepared for war?

In a translation from the original, "Keep right on to the end of the woad".:2funny:

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

@Luzern

As sung by Johnathan Ross maybe. :cheesy:

Seem to recall is what written by Harry Lauder in memory of his son?

Now that's put a damper on it. :sad:

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@Anonymous wrote:

@7up wrote:

There have been governments I don't like but i haven't gone around demanding another election until I get the result i wanted.

Well, @7up , as you boast of the fact that you refuse to take part in the democratic election process, if you had gone around ‘demanding another election’, I suspect the best you could expect would be hysterical laughter.

And governments in this country are elected for a maximum of 5 years. I wonder if you would be quite so accepting of the situation if there were not such a time limit on a government you didn’t like, and you then discovered that they had been elected as the result of illegal activities by them during the election process...

That's just the point though @Anonymous I wouldn't go around demanding another election because I'm grown up enough to accept that democracy has spoken and guess what? I can accept that unlike some :rolleyes:

I don't vote because I don't particularly like any of the options however I accept that if I don't I must go with the decision that others have made. I accept that. I don't know why you find it so difficult other than it being sour grapes.

Stop throwing your toys out of the pram.

Besides if we were now to back down and stay in the EU they would severely punish us for daring to challenge them and they would make life very difficult for many years.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman

Not sure how it could have happened, but you seem to have posted the wrong link. I think you’ll f8nd this is the correct one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtCittJyr0

You’re welcome! :smiley:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@7up wrote:

I don't vote because I don't particularly like any of the options however I accept that if I don't I must go with the decision that others have made. I accept that. 

You also need to accept that, having abrogated your responsibility to vote you also lose your right to criticise those of us (like me) who did bother to weigh up the evidence and cast a vote.

@7up wrote:

Don’t be so insulting.

@7up wrote:

Besides if we were now to back down and stay in the EU they would severely punish us for daring to challenge them and they would make life very difficult for many years.

And your evidence for that statement is what? 

Let me save you the bother. There is no evidence. It is just Brexiter project fear nonsense.

Community Veteran

Here we go... :rolleyes: I'm using blue as you're not worth the time it takes to edit the html:

@Anonymous wrote:

@7up wrote:

I don't vote because I don't particularly like any of the options however I accept that if I don't I must go with the decision that others have made. I accept that. 

You also need to accept that, having abrogated your responsibility to vote you also lose your right to criticise those of us (like me) who did bother to weigh up the evidence and cast a vote.

By not voting I accept the result and by not voting against it, i can be seen as a supporter of the result as I did not vote against it.

My point however remains. A vote happened and that must be respected. If you want a rerun until you get your result then go and live in a country where vote rigging is accepted because that is in essence what you want.

@7up wrote:

Don’t be so insulting.

As soon as you set an example towards the majority that voted who you continue to insult.

@7up wrote:

And your evidence for that statement is what?
How about the awful way they have been treating us and trying to have us over a barrel since the vote to leave. They've tried all sorts that has been reported in the news. You'd prefer to be ruled by those people? 

Let me save you the bother. There is no evidence. It is just Brexiter project fear nonsense.

Funny how you don't like it when the boot is on the other foot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@7up wrote:

As soon as you set an example towards the majority that voted who you continue to insult.

@7up

Where have I insulted anyone? Either produce the evidence or withdraw that accusation.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

@Anonymous  Your post 45 is clearly a response to my post 43, the first paragraph of which is, "Those still fighting for us to remain in the EU are regularly on TV saying that those who voted Leave didn't know what they were doing, were swayed by this or that lie etc.  No mention of the specific not proving the general when the specific suits them."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonpe

Yes, you are correct. My post #45 was a response to your post #43. However, your post #43 was a response to my post #23, which was in fact a response to @Minivanman’s post #20 which quoted your post #15. There. Hopefully that’s clear now.

Or to put it another way, I did apologise for any misunderstanding (post #57). Either accept the apology or don’t, but let’s just move on can we?

:crazy3:

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero

@Anonymous wrote:

@JonoH 

The Norway option, perhaps.

Norway is in Schengen, so much for controlling our borders.  The three EEA countries that are not members of the EU are bound by EU rules but have no say in making those rules, and they pay huge sums to Brussels for this 'privilege'.  Norway's geographical position makes it impractical to have a hard border with Sweden and Finland; the five Nordic countries, like the UK and Ireland, have traditionally enjoyed free movement (no passport or other ID required).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonpe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JonoH 

The Norway option, perhaps.

Norway is in Schengen, so much for controlling our borders.  

Northern Ireland border with Ireland. So much for controlling our borders?

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jonpe

Or to put it another way, I did apologise for any misunderstanding (post #57). Either accept the apology or don’t, but let’s just move on can we?

:crazy3:

No need to apologise at all; you just missed a couple of lines on first reading.

I'm not allowed to quote your post above in its entirety, but the missing part of it reminds me of one of those Brussels directives. :grin:

Community Veteran

@Anonymous wrote:

@7up wrote:

@7up

Where have I insulted anyone? Either produce the evidence or withdraw that accusation.

@Anonymous 'How about all the anti brexit drivel you keep posting despite knowing that the majority of the voters voted to leave?

You continue to harp on about staying and having a second referendum in order to wipe out the choice that people made, that in itself is disrespectful. The people have spoken and you like so many continue to want to sweep that under the carpet.