cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapo (and tiny laptops)

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Cheapo (and tiny laptops)

I posted about this at lunchtime today..  any of you taking a fancy to the Asus EEE might want to wait a bit until these new Atom-processor based MSI jobbies come online:
http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/04/03/msi-atom-powered-asus-eee-killer/
I must say I really do fancy a tiny laptop I can carry about without worrying about it overmuch.  And with today's news that Intel are about to enter the Hard-drive market with solid-state drives up to a reported 160GB, things are certainly going to change as far as our understanding of what a laptop is goes.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Cheapo (and tiny laptops)

I have to admit that I jumped on the EeePC bandwagon and bought one for my daughter for her birthday last month.
I was fairly tempted to get one for myself, but I might hold off looking at this Smiley
B.
nadger
Rising Star

If they can turn that out, running XP, at somewhere around £185 it'll be a killer.
N/A

My own laptop is MSI - have had it over a year now and it has been fine.  If this one is as reliable then it should be pretty good.
jmd
Grafter

I have 2 friends who have the EeePC and are pleased with it - mainly because it is so easy to carry around!
But, since I have no spare cash I cannot afford one................. this other looks more interesting because of bigger screen - well, will have to wait until I have spare money anyway.......................
Community Veteran

"Cheapo eeePC" you say the most hurtful things  Cry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Sounds like it could be a real winner...  Will you keep an eye on it, and when the full spec comes out with a piccy, let us all have the link.... Thanks  Wink
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hey, I was just wond'ring.. do you guys know that you can comment on the blog articles we post up on the site?
jmd
Grafter

yes...................... but more people read these posts as they tend to be more entertaining? Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Especially if you can use lots of smileys ! ! ! Roll eyes Grin Cheesy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Quote from: jmd
yes...................... but more people read these posts as they tend to be more entertaining? Wink

You can't argue with that..  Cheesy
Community Veteran

You may be interested in details about a new version of the eeePC due soon;
http://www.trustedreviews.com/notebooks/news/2008/04/04/CONFIRMED-Asus-Verifies-UK-Pricing-for-New-E...