cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheap food on the way ?

PitchBlack
Grafter

Cheap food on the way ?

Earlier in the week Russia has retaliated at the sanctions imposed on them by banning imports of a lot of produce from the EU, USA and Australia for one year, now this could mean that we will get cheaper food at our supermarkets as producers will have excess stock which will go to ruin unless sold at cheaper prices. Already though there are countries which are asking Brussels for compensation as they will lose Billions with the sanctions Russia has imposed. Russians will have less stocks on their shelves so will have to ration, and I am sure that the UK will have to cough up to Brussels if the countries asking for compensation, get their compensation. Countries who are already struggling are going to struggle even more.
Ukraine are now saying they will impose their own sanctions on Russia by cutting the Southern Russian Gas pipe running through Ukraine, which will then hurt some EU countries as they rely on up to 98% of their Gas from Russia.  This dick measuring competition is going to hurt a lot of countries apart from the one who is pushing the hardest.
Edit, added Australia.
57 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Cheap food on the way ?

Is that a pig flying past the window as I type  Grin
PitchBlack
Grafter

I forgot to mention that Russia are looking to South America for imports of Meat, dairy, fish, poultry etc..
Community Veteran

I don't know about the rest of it but South American beef is much tastier than European possibly because they age it properly instead of nuking it
Interesting so is the beef from Namibia
I buy a complete top rump from the trade supplier where it is of excellent quality and much much cheaper than from a supermarket. I then cut it into steaks and small joints then freeze it
PitchBlack
Grafter

I ate my fair share of cows when I lived in Australia, but I haven't eaten much meat since I have been back in England, so I might have to do a search for South American beef suppliers up north if it is as good as what you say OJ.
Community Veteran

Edited the post - I meant to say South American not South African
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

The recommendation from 'Oldjim' is probably just a load of old bull !   Cheesy
Fixes: 123

Let's not steer this thread of course.
Any more puns... probably herd them all by now  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

@Mav, have a Pat on the back to keep steering this in the right direction Smiley
Lets get back on with the tail of the cow pies Wink
myredhotcar
Grafter

Community Veteran

I don't know what your beef is Wink
South American beef is highly sought after and some of it attracts premium prices such as Argentinian beef. I wonder if they would want to risk their present relationships with the rest of the world to supply Russia.  
Fixes: 123

Quote from: TORPC
@Mav, have a Pat on the back to keep steering this in the right direction Smiley
Apologies, my misteak  Tongue

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: PitchBlack
Already though there are countries which are asking Brussels for compensation as they will lose Billions with the sanctions Russia has imposed.

Which countries will lose billions?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

"Wagyu" - never heard of it !  Huh
however I once knew a girl would taught me all the best ways to get my mouth around a roast beef sandwich  Tongue
PitchBlack
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
Quote from: PitchBlack
Already though there are countries which are asking Brussels for compensation as they will lose Billions with the sanctions Russia has imposed.

Which countries will lose billions?

Millions, Billions, its either one or the "UDDER"