cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheap and Cheerful

N/A

Cheap and Cheerful

In these days of financial restraint I am interested in discovering what items folk value but which cost very little. They can be new, used, home-made or not - doesn't matter.
My offering is a 'freebie' cadged from the OH - it is one of those tiny little wirelesses that you plug into your ears so that you can listen as you go about your business.
It was only a couple of pounds anyway but the clarity is excellent and when I take the dogs for a walk I can continue to listen to programmes that I had on in the car (I am keen on Radio Sheffield and Radio 4).  Anyway, that's the sort of thing that I mean - cost very little but very useful and enjoyable to own (or have use of!).
Then there are the three pairs of warm trousers that I bought from Cotton Traders outlet shop. Also bought a pair of snow boots from this shop - think that all the lot could not have cost more than £40 but the last two cold winters have seen them worn day in and day out so they have been marvelous VFM.
Does anyone else have any examples of 'cheap and cheerful' items that they just can't do without?
3 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Cheap and Cheerful

having had my hand op, had trouble with the Zip, got some Trainer Slacks from Lidl, cost the princely sum of £3.99, now got a black, royal /blue and grey pair, they are just like thermals, very nice in the cold outside, and no zip to worry about
nadger
Rising Star

I wear cheap jogging bottoms from Matalan that are similar with no zip at front - not that I need one any more  Wink
N/A

Grin