Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheap Software/Hardware For Registered Charities

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Cheap Software/Hardware For Registered Charities

Reminded by the Free Laptops thread I thought I would give this scheme a mention.  Note: Only approved registered charities can benefit from the scheme.
http://www.ctxchange.org/directory/
When I first heard of this scheme I thought it might be a scam but it is run by a registered charity and is mentioned on a number of government websites.
4 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Cheap Software/Hardware For Registered Charities

just looked at the hardware section.  admin fee for a router £40 plus, they must be joking
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

It has its limitations, but it does work well.  Licensing Microsoft products using this route ie very cost effective - even cheaper than a Select agreement'  - saved us lots of dosh for little effort!
M
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Not sure I go with the idea of cheap software and hardware for registered charities. This is the thin edge of the wedge
I’m not too concerned if the hardware/software is to be used SOLELY by the charity for use by the charity alone.
But when the charity sets up a side-line business venture, to raise funds for the charity by competing for contract work in the open market, this creates an unfair situation.
The charity has volunteer staff, get discounted s/h ware, has discounted council tax, charge lower fees etc.
The legitimate business doing the same work has to pay full wages, full price for s/h ware, full wack at council tax, etc.
It's no competition, only one business model is sustainable long term.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yes, Our local hospital, after a muck up and the Main area finance chief ended in in jail has been rebuilt as a PFI, just about stand that, I was asked if the could have one of my art pieces about a year ago, recently the "friends of the Hospital" had a marketing stall in the local shopping centre and it turned out that they were going for charity status and also setting themselves up as a company.  Not only that but they said that an inaugural meeting would be help in a few weeks to elect the committee, and this is who they will be  - most of the people sat round the table.  Took my art work back