cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charles Kennedy

Community Veteran

Charles Kennedy

It has been announced that Charles Kennedy has died. He was 55.
Kennedy Dies
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Charles Kennedy

I liked the guy, his common sense came across
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'd have preferred him as PM than the last three tosspots, but sadly he was with the wrong party...
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

No, he was with the right party and he was one of our very few honest politicians.
He was certainly right over his objection to the Second Iraq War and he was certainly right in his stance over the Coalition.
A sad loss.
Community Veteran

Since his death was announced there have been numerous tributes to Charles Kennedy. It would appear decency didn't extend to his opponents in the General Election.
Charles Kennedy
Fixes: 124

There was a short, but poignant, tribute to him at the end of Have I Got News For You last night on BBC1
[quote= http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33033956]Charles Kennedy was one of the most popular politicians to appear on the satirical quiz show Have I Got News For You.
Following his death at the age of 55 they played a tribute to him, featuring moments from his appearances on the programme

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Yes, I saw that. It was a lovely tribute. There is also a montage of his appearances on Question Time which is posted on their website.
Question Time