cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charity Run - Mad Geordie to run 3100 miles across the USA!

Rich
Grafter

Charity Run - Mad Geordie to run 3100 miles across the USA!

As some of you may remember, in 2007 I ran 874 miles in 37 days from John O'Groats to Lands End raising £34,108 for St Benedict's Hospice (Charity No 1019410). A large part of that total was thanks to the generousity of Northern Rock staff.

In just over 12 months time, I will be starting a 3100 mile run from California to New York. This is to be done in 100 days and is being entirely funded by myself, meaning that every penny raised will be donated to St Benedict's Hospice (Charity No 1019410) and The Children's Foundation (Charity No. 1000013). This run is being done under the brand "RUN GEORDIE RUN".

I've made a sound start to the fundraising campaign and £8800 has been donated to the 2 charities so far, mainly through the sale of Run Geordie Run t-shirts.

I would really appreciate it, if you would consider buying a RUN GEORDIE RUN t-shirt. They are £10 each with the full £10 going to the charities. Nobody but the 2 charities is making a penny from these t-shirts.

Those of you who were at the recent Newcastle United v Blackpool match may have seen the team warming up in them (See attached photos). Plans are afoot to get Steve Bruce and Chris Hughton to wear them prior to the 1st derby match next season.

If you would like a t-shirt then please get in touch. They are available in sizes S, M, L, XL and XXL.

Further information on the run can be found at www.rungeordierun.com.

Many thanks for your time.

I received the above email from one of my work colleagues - Please give him all the support you can Smiley
Thanks
Richard
1 REPLY
Rich
Grafter

Re: Charity Run - Mad Geordie to run 3100 miles across the USA!

1 year to go and £10,000 raised already  Grin, just £40K to go...