cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge as you go...

Fixes: 125

Charge as you go...

South Korean road wirelessly recharges OLEV buses
South Korea has switched on a road which can recharge electric vehicles as they drive over it.

It means vehicles fitted with compatible equipment do not need to stop to recharge and can also be fitted with smaller than normal batteries.

"I think we are decades away from even thinking about a nationwide network of electrified roads," said Ashvin Chotai, managing director of the Intelligence Automotive Asia consultancy.

Nothing meantioned as to whether the speed of the vehicle affects the rate at which it is charged. Does anyone know the answer?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Charge as you go...

I wonder if a compatible tablet and mobile would charge up as well?
Over here it would make more sense if they could work some sort of charging via the bus suspension. Then with our inbuilt system of nationwide potholes an electric bus would have a limitless range. Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I hope they check that they're safe for people with pacemakers..
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Razer
Grafter

^I should think it would help them to jog.