Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing password

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Changing password

A number of sites recommend that you change your password at regular intervals for security reasons and some sites actually change their system requiring you to log in but one such site would not accept my password no matter how many times I tried to change it.....message saying your email address or password is incorrect.....

After much searching I discover that.....bloggs@gmail is not the same as bloggs@googlemail.com, simple issue granted but the simple stuff can catch you out.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
2 REPLIES 2
twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Changing password

"gmail" and "googlemail" is only interchangeable on google's sites, my gmail address for my mobile tellingbone google account is "googlemail", but I throw "gmail" into things I use it on, as it's shorter, and correspondence goes to the address no bother...

Of course other sides haven't cottoned onto this feature of google's doing yet, maybe they'll catch up some day... 😂

idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Changing password

@twocvbloke wrote: Of course other sides haven't cottoned onto this feature of google's doing yet, maybe they'll catch up some day... 😂

Don't know about playing catch up but even way way back in 2007, when I was using Yahoo, I never bothered entering the .co.uk part for logging in. Maybe Google suddenly smelt the coffee!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?