Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chambermaids

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Chambermaids

Have you seen how Hotel Chambermaids clean the Bath / Shower ?
They use your towels, before putting them in their Laundry Basket, and giving you fresh ones.
I have tried it, it is very effective, the slight abrasive quality, even on really fluffy towels, works a treat.
A bit like a mega Micro Fibre cloth.
Then into the wash at home.

Invariably, the standard of Room Servicing is excellent, and their Origami with toilet roll paper is amazing !
And Sheets and Towels too
More Pillows Sir, no problem etc...

After a stay, we empty our pockets of loose change, a not unsubstantial sum usually, and leave a thank you note for the Chambermaid.
Whose name we usually know by then
Anyone else is tipped as occasion arises.

What's prompted this thread, we've just confirmed our stay at WDW this week end, for a month.
We normally stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and yes, we do have a favourite Chambermaid.
She looks after us all extremely well.

Apart from the Animals, the food at the various Restaurants is excellent, along with very large refillable Hot Chocolate mugs to take back to our rooms.
The Meat is NOT sourced on site !!!

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Chambermaids

I tried, but can't work it out..what is WDW?  Undecided
And yes, we tip. More importantly, when paying by card we always refuse to add a tip to the card - preferring to tip the actual (person in cash), and not the tax man.
itsme
Grafter

Theme park in Florida
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: doris
I tried, but can't work it out..what is WDW?  Undecided
And yes, we tip. More importantly, when paying by card we always refuse to add a tip to the card - preferring to tip the actual (person in cash), and not the tax man.

Walt Disney World in Florida, as itsme said.