Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Census 2021

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Census 2021

Yes it know this topic doesn't sound very exciting. Whilst people are watching paint dry, bear with me. 😀

Got a letter through today. Didn't even realise it was now, but it is. So we'll all get them, and you'll be fined a grand if you don't fill it out. 21st March is the deadline - so not very long.

Of course to save money, the government encourage you to fill it out on-line. They try and pull the old stunt of it is to help the save the planet, when of couse it is really to save them money with the printing and postage costs. Do they still think I fall for that one?

You go on-line put a code in. Fine. I thought it would just ask for my name and address and it would take 5-10 minutes.

No.

About half an hour and it asked me everything, including very personal questions I'd better not mention. I was shocked I was asked those and didn't think you weren't allowed to be asked them. I'd better not say what they are, or the PC Brigade won't be happy with me. Though feel free to PM me. 😉

Thought it would be a simple process, but it was more than that.

I know everyone can't wait now 😛. Oh Well as Fleetwood Mac said.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Census 2021

@Alex You must have had a totally different census to everyone else. The whole thing took me around 6-7 minutes to complete, from logging in to the site and logging out.

Apart from the optional questions - which I would have refused to answer if they had been compulsory - there was only the one about your current/last job that might have taken more than 15 seconds to answer, if you bothered trying to explain what it involved. I didn't - just posted job title, which was Production Controller, and description of responsibilities - Control Production.

John
Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks @jab1 

Some of them they said were optional, but I just answered them anyway. I don't really care if people know about me. I did look for an option to skip them, but I didn't bother looking too much. So my fault really.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

I was going to ask about that, as those that you consider as personal you could have skipped of ignored.

I doubt we have reached a stage where refusing to divulge sexual orientation, political leaning or ethnic origin could ever result in being fined for not doing so.

There is also the unwritten option of course of just telling porkie pies.  

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

They say you will not be identified for 100 years so in 2121 @Alex's census answers will be available to anyone who cares to 'study' them.  It is suggested by scientists that people born now can expect to live to be 120 so someone who knows @Alex will be able to look up his answers.

jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

@Jonpe - They have my deepest sympathy.🤣

John
Alex
Community Veteran

Yep @Minivanman 

I was asked about my sexual orentation, and I know what that is (I like women).

Also was asked if I had changed sex within my life. Nope I was born male, and I believe I still am.

I went through the full version, without me cutting out any details.