Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Celebs Pix Hacked.... iCloud ?

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Celebs Pix Hacked.... iCloud ?

It's all over the American News Networks, and online too
Lots of Celeb Pix have apparently been hacked, of either iCloud accounts, or phones.
I suppose you should never upload anything you don't want to go Public.
Many of the pix are said to be very personal.

20 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Celebs Pix Hacked.... iCloud ?

Oohh... do tell where i can find these celeb pics!! I know a few celebs i'd lookup lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

7up..... is this you ?  Roll eyes
Fixes: 105

surely the story here is not some pictures but the fact that iCloud has had a potentially massive breach.
Will Moderate For Thanks
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

that would be the vulnerabilities highlighted a couple of years ago at DEFCON when someone proved he could access any icloud account but didn't release the code used because he was giving apple time to fix the problem, guess someone else figured out how its done and apple still haven't fixed the problems.......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: dvorak
surely the story here is not some pictures but the fact that iCloud has had a potentially massive breach.

That is exactly the point.
Thank you.
Community Veteran

I still find it hard to believe that someone said "I will set up somewhere online where you can send anything, even dodgy stuff you wouldn't want anyone to see, and I will try hard to keep it all safe".
And many people happily went along with this. Cheesy
(all the pics I've seen look fairly "respectable" as nude pics go and will probably do more good work wise than harm to those "starring" in them)
TORPC
Grafter

That's why I oppose the idea of storage on other public accessible servers
As been mentioned, there was potential holes in the security, that were brought to their attention, & does look  like,
It was either not addressed & plugged
Or
Other leaks was found & compromised & clearly needs a bit more than a bit of filler
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I'd guess the main problem with the iCloud security is ego.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: shutter
7up..... is this you ?  Roll eyes

Probably lol but just in case you got an old pic, here's a nice new one for you Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: AlaricAdair
I'd guess the main prodblem with the iCloud security is ego.

I don't think its an icloud problem per se, but the user base.
Fixes: 125

I don't understand why anyone would upload their private photos, whether nude or explicit, to the cloud.
Take the photos, download to a PC, then archive with a password. One wonders, as with the Pamela Anderson 'leaked' tape years ago, how much is done on purpose. Free advertising doesn't actually do their careers any harm.
Quote from: billnotben
(all the pics I've seen look fairly "respectable" as nude pics go and will probably do more good work wise than harm to those "starring" in them)

I've seen a few and they're pretty grainy and poorly shot - some could be anybody Roll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

The pics + videos of Jessica Brown Findlay are quite naughty - I'll never be able to look at Lady Sybil in the same light again  Smiley
Community Veteran

Here's the Apple statement:
We wanted to provide an update to our investigation into the theft of photos of certain celebrities.
When we learned of the theft, we were outraged and immediately mobilized Apple’s engineers to discover the source. Our customers’ privacy and security are of utmost importance to us.
After more than 40 hours of investigation, we have discovered that certain celebrity accounts were compromised by a very targeted attack on user names, passwords and security questions, a practice that has become all too common on the Internet.
None of the cases we have investigated has resulted from any breach in any of Apple’s systems including iCloud® or Find my iPhone. We are continuing to work with law enforcement to help identify the criminals involved.