cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cats & Birds

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Cats & Birds

I was standing doing the dishes about half an hour ago (day off!) and I seen my older cat in the garden  having caught a bird. She does this all the time, but this is the first time i seen this happen.
A flock of about 5-6 small birds started coming over, they were all swooping down at the cat trying to distract the cat so the bird could get away, but lets just say its wings didn't work. I watched for about 5 mins until my cat 'took advantage' of the self service buffet taking down another 2 before I ran out and brought her inside, she is still sitting at the door meowing to get out!!!
It was bonkers!
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Cats & Birds

You can't fight nature !
sad as it is to see dead birds and animals - survival of the fittest and all that.
Interesting though to see nature adapt - have you seen the crows and others who stand one side of a nearside white line beside a road until traffic has gone - before venturing onto the road and then back behind the white line when traffic approaches.
scootie
Grafter

the flock of 5-6 would of been this years young an there parents hence why your cat caught them so easily. am going to leave this post now as ive got strong views on cats being allowed to roam on other peoples propety.
ill just say i have to pick upp after my dog's but cat owners are allowed to let there cats foul on my propety  Angry
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

In my cats defence, it was in my garden (her territory)
Euge
Grafter

That reminded me of the paul whitehouse sketch where he's michael paine the nosey neighbour watching someone have an accident and no one came to help her out for days  Grin
Community Veteran

Quote from: mrmarkus1981
...  it was in my garden (her territory)

Have you scent marked the area? Wink
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Fixes: 47

Don't answer that I'm having my lunch Shocked
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Emma
Grafter

Mine do it all the time as well, in my own garden. They are "gifts"  Smiley
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

She used to bring the 'gifts' inside, but now we have a wee kitten she keeps them outside to herself!!
Fixes: 47

We had a cat that used to leave us gifts on the back step Shocked
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation